Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brigantia (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 03:02AM

At last - after 60 years, a Royal pardon for Alan Turing, hailed in this country as the father of computing, the man who cracked the Enigma code and heaven knows what else to make a huge impact on the war effort for the Allies.

Yesterday was a great day for the LGBT community in Utah and hopefully, other victims of discrimination who suffered in the 50s will now be granted Pardons too, some are still living and deserve better than they got.

Together with all the other news slamming bigotry - this is great!

Briggy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brigantia (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 03:03AM

Sorry - posted twice.

Posted by: Ironic ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 03:08AM

I am REALLY glad to hear it. However, there is still some rattiness in my observation when I say "BIG of them for pardoning him when he had done NOTHING wrong!!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 03:16AM

They pardoned on person that has notoriety as a national hero. Well what about all the other gays that were convicted of the same? Did they pardon all of the LGBT community that was adversely affected by the same anti gay laws?

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 09:56AM

and I hate to rain on the parade, but what good does it do him?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 10:00AM

It does him no good because he is dead. It really does the LGBT community no good because they did not pardon all the LGBT that were convicted of the same time, they begrudgingly pardoned a war hero.

So, the only "people" the pardon benefited was the people that issued the pardon and only to try to put a highly viable embarrassment behind them. The pardon was self serving.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 24, 2013 10:10AM

Amen. Thanks for this post
Alan Turing will be honored at the LGBTQ TheLavender Effect museum & cultural center when it's built in Hollywood.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.