Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newguy ( )
Date: December 28, 2013 03:16AM

Continuation of http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1120256

I really think the idea of feeling unworthy around 'worthy' Mormons has more to do with the worthy member trying to think how they would feel at church should they have just sinned.

Since a TBM cannot actually empathize with the thinking of an exmo, it's really the best they can do.

Really makes you wonder how a Mormon working in the mental health profession could actually be effective with the mental programming that prevents true empathy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 28, 2013 04:23AM

Me. Oh wait, did you say unworthy, or bored? No, I don't feel unworthy, just bored around Mormons.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: December 28, 2013 05:26AM

Mormons are taught that members leave because they cannot live up to Mormon standards.

This was very confusing to me! I was made to feel inferior, yet in many ways, I was too good for them. I resolved their self-proclaimed piety by being for forgiving of the Mormons than I was of myself. The church was perfect. I wasn't. Yet, I demanded that I, myself be honest, moral, a perfect mother, kind, forgiving of my abusers, etc. Too much.

When I left the cult, I didn't know who I was. I knew only that I didn't agree or fit in. Throughout the ordeal of Mormonism, somehow, I kept the belief that women are equal, races are equal, sexual preferences and underwear were no one else's business. Compared to my Christian and atheist friends, I felt I was in a very inferior religion. No unconditional love? The Mormons didn't live up to the world's standards.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.