Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 02:25AM

I am probably lagging behind most of the people on this board on this matter. But, I just spent the last 4 hours listening to the podcast of the interview by John Dehlin of Tom Phillips in 2012.
This next part is for Tom - Tom, I felt like I got to know you during the 4 hours because you are so open and honest about yourself. I WOULD BE HONORED TO BE YOUR RELATIVE. Throughout a large portion of the podcast, I was sobbing because of the way your family has treated you. When you said you are all about TRUTH and INTEGRITY, I want you to know that when you speak, that is exactly what comes across, truth and integrity. I do hope that your family eventually (sooner rather than later) does see the real you and understands where you are coming from. I certainly do. When you talked about TSCC's failure to come to the rescue of any member who was having testimony issues and who were questioning the truth etc., I totally understand because I was shunned in the same way. Nobody in TSCC is ever going to answer your very well written questions and concerns because they have no answers without admitting that it is all false. But, please know that you have people who respect you (I CERTAINLY DO, NOW MORE THAN EVER!) and believe you.
I know you are working on some big issues now involving disclosing matters about TSCC. Remember that there are people on this board and others who will help if you just ask us to. In the meantime, continue your hard work knowing that it is very much appreciated.
http://exmormonradio.com/tom-phillips-interviews/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BirdUncaged ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 02:37AM

Thank you for sharing this, Verily. I remember when I listened a few months ago, and felt exactly the same way. I can't even express how grateful I am to people like Tom who have integrity...boundless integrity...who stand for what is right and what is true.

Cream (good or bad) eventually rises. I feel confident that someday Tom's grandchildren, if not his children, will count themselves lucky to be his posterity. Because he is helping free humanity. It's a big deal. And its cost him tremendously in every way. And I, like you, am stunned and grateful for his courage.

Date: December 29, 2013 02:45AM

Thanks BirdUncaged - his courage is really astounding. I am very grateful to him.

Posted by: BirdUncaged ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 03:06AM

Me too. Me too. If I ever meet Tom in person, I think I'll give him a superhero cape...because to me, he is a hero.

(:) Thanks for sharing a lazy, children are sick day with me, Verily. xo)

Date: December 29, 2013 04:04AM

Me too. I hope your kids get better quick. xoxox too

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 05:44AM

Thank you for your very kind comments.

We are all part of a community bringing out the truth, People I have never met, are now my kin.

Tom

Posted by: ldsidiot ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 05:58AM

We all have a lot to thank you for.
I want to thank you for all that you have done for this community.
You are an inspiration to many of us, and have helped many people in this growing community. By helping us find the truth, you've also helped us find happiness. We can't thank you enough for the sacrifices you've made. A lot of us wouldn't be here without your hard work and dedication.

Truth will prevail.

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 06:45AM

I was scared when I heard it.
A friend sent the link to it.
It was anti right. And I didn't know who this Dehlin guy was.
Or of any podcasts.
Once I got to the bit about second anointings, well, I was REALLY pissed.
A year later our entire family is out

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.