Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jimbob ( )
Date: December 30, 2013 07:00PM

After typing this out it may not seem a huge deal...but it's a huge deal to me.

I slowly got my wife and daughters out of the church over a period of several months after discovering it's a fraud. My main reasoning for getting out was to deprogram my kids after years of the wrong teachings. I'm slowly reteaching them so they can break free from the narrow minded thinking. I'm doing my best to not teach WHAT to think...but HOW to think which I believe will serve them better in life.

So...the other day completely out of the blue my 13 year old daughter said..."Daddy...you wanna hear something I've been thinking about that doesn't make much sense about the church?'

I said..."Of course."

She said..." the church spends a lot of time teaching us that before we're married thatsex is bad. They tell us to stay far away from boys and they say it over and over and over again. Then, after we graduate high school we're suppose to hurry up, get married, and have kids. That seems weird. All of a sudden just because we graduated high school it's not bad anymore to want a boy. That seems weird."

WOW. She's starting to think for herself. This was very exciting for me. Thanks for listening. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2013 07:02PM by jimbob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 30, 2013 07:02PM

Heh heh, out of the mouths of babes huh? This IS wonderful stuff! You can be a proud Dad! You have a daughter who is thinking for herself and will NOT be criticised for it. How I wish I had wised up enough to do that with my kids! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.