Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thederz ( )
Date: December 28, 2013 02:46PM

Any humorous, or exposing super bowl ad ideas? If I had thirty seconds to tell the world about mormonism I'd want bill cosby to narrate it. All it would be is a disturbingly slow transformation of a Native American into a white aristocrat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dsada ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 11:21AM

I would not be suprised if the lds church does their own ad for the superbowl

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: December 29, 2013 01:37PM

There was an idea floating around on the board a number of months ago about making a short video on the invasiveness of bishop interviews, especially with young children.
I think a scene with a bishop asking a couple inappropriate questions, then cutting to the young girl he's interviewing, who remains silent, would be especially powerful. Too bad getting that sort of thing on the super bowl would be incredibly expensive..

Posted by: kirchoff ( )
Date: December 30, 2013 07:09PM

Considering the anti-NFL nature of them, making them recite church stuff rather than turn on the TV to watch an exciting game, having no local radio stations follow a team (not even the Broncos), the Jazz prohibition on Sunday games, I can't see why the church should put out an ad, asking people to give up their NFL on TV fix and spend Sundays listening to testimonies in church.

And also drinking.....alcohol and football go hand-in-hand.....so what's the point?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.