Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 04:33AM

Yes, this is another thread about Trestin Meacham. I don't know why he bugs me so much. Well, yes I do. And no, it's not because I'm in the clutches of Satan or because I'm part of the intolerant homosexual movement that Nutty Buddy is so afraid of.

Anyway, for those who've paid less attention to Starvin' Marvin than I have, he gave up his fast yesterday--despite having said he'd continue until the state nullifies Judge Shelby's ruling. Then he posted a gross picture of himself eating yogurt on Facebook, and now he's changed his Twitter profile to read, "God did this."

https://twitter.com/TrestinMeacham1

So I guess Mormon God is on the Supreme Court now. Justice Elohim. Ugh! Is there anything more annoying than an ultra TBM mega wiener? I don't think so.

If I hadn't resigned from the Mormon church three years ago, I'd do it now and tell them it's because Trestin Meacham helped me realize how backward and stupid and wrong it is.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 05:40AM by munchybotaz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 09:56AM

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/01/a-gay-dads-open-letter-to-the-man-who-refused-to-eat-while-gay-couples-married/#.Ussxeaz03FF.twitter

My favorite part:

"In your blog you state, 'This has nothing to do with hatred of a group of people. I have friends and relatives who practice a homosexual lifestyle and I treat them with the same respect and kindness that I would anyone.'

"The Massachusetts Supreme Court stated that whom one marries signifies one of the greatest acts of self-definition an individual can make in life. I would love to believe your sentiments as you state them, but your actions say differently.

"Starving yourself to prevent your fellow citizens from marrying is not respectful. Leaving our children without social or legal standing is not kind. Your reference to specific relatives as 'practicing a homosexual lifestyle' is dismissive, superficial and, quite frankly, rude."

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:57PM

Apparently god only gets involved in relatively unimportant Supreme Court actions like issuing a stay. People have been praying for years for God to stop abortion and the Supreme Court hasn't done a thing. I wonder what he will do if next year the Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage nationwide. I bet we won't hear a peep from him. He isn't really going to starve himself to death.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:01PM

dazed11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet we won't hear a peep from him.

No, but the press will go looking for him.
He's a famous celebrity now....Haw Haw Haw.

Better put on about 300 pounds...

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:33PM

haha, ridiculous.

"I've been disappointed with the lack of pizza people have sent (only 1) Please feel free to send more today."

Even as a joke that is a tacky thing to say considering the circumstances.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:46PM

Several Arizona couples have followed the Utah example and are filing suit against Arizona's anti-gay-marriage laws. The news coverage includes details about the situation in Utah:

[Excerpt begins here]:
Marriage licenses issued in 2008 in California prior to the passage of the state’s same-sex marriage ban were eventually upheld by the state supreme court. But marriages licenses issued in San Francisco in 2004 after mayor Gavin Newsom told city officials to grant them were later invalidated by the state supreme court.

That leads NeJaime to believe a court will need to rule on Utah’s marriages. If the Utah attorney general challenges the validity of the licenses as expected, that might lead to several months of limbo for the couples, he said.

Jon Davidson, director of Lambda Legal, which pursues litigation on LGBT issues nationwide, said Utah may choose not to recognize the marriages in the interim, but predicted the federal government and other states will honor them since they were granted in accordance with the law at the time.

For 17 days, Utah was the 18th state to allow gay couples to wed.
-----
[end excerpt]
http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140106arizona-law-gay-marriage-same-sex-lawsuit-brk.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.