Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Resmar ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 01:40PM

Saw this in the Standard Examiner:

http://www.standard.net/stories/2014/01/24/activist-ogden-gay-rights-minister-fed-utah-moves-california

I'm not sure what to think about Rev. Novak's departure. On one hand, I can't blame her, as I myself am planning on leaving Utah soon (for what I consider to be very legitimate, thought-out reasons). On the other hand, I wonder how much of Utah's bad cultural tendencies are perpetuated by people like her leaving the state, while the Mormon diaspora moves here at any chance they get.

It makes me appreciate those who stay in Utah to fight the battle - some of us are just getting too tired of it all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 02:01PM

I've been in Utah a long time, and I can't say I've fought any battles, but I'm tired of it all and ready to head back to the United States (Colorado). But I'll always go to Moab to hang out part of the time. It's just too beautiful there, and it seems the Mormons are losing there, fewer of them every day as it gets more and more expensive to live there.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 02:38PM

I'm on the U-U Ogden email feed for her sermons, observations, and news items. It is obvious to me that she has been totally dedicated to her work in Utah...but, at the same time, she's also been in fairly deep angst inside.

I wish her the very, very best.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 03:30PM

Maybe it's the unhealthy air pollution that finally got to her? Utah has the highest rate of autism of any state, and autism has been directly liked to air pollution.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.