Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:10PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:25PM

Harr-retccccch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang. Mom's carpet.I'm in BIG trouble now.

Mikey, you's bad! You find a weiner dog at your door you know what haapened.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:29PM

"In his role as presiding bishop, Bishop Burton handles "mostly the business affairs of the church," including humanitarian aid and the development of the $1.5 billion City Creek Center, which is about a year from completion."

RfM should award him the Giant Dildo award.

ziller

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:30PM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:32PM

give each other awards all the time. It's like they look around the world and see only themselves and each other.

My dad used to remark that a person would work much harder for an award plaque than for more money. We threw out a couple of boxes of his when he died. They had been in the attic for years.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:36PM

Posted by: roxydog1312 ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 01:05PM

I like how they touched a little on the humanitarian causes, and then launched into a long discriptive narrative on his association with City Creek. Hmmm, let's see, what's the most important thing to them?

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 01:13PM

Oh jeeezzuss. We have the Governor, the contractors, the presiding Bishop, a few legislators ... and all of them are white, mormon, and tightly knit into the power web.

It's not just disgusting, it's scary.

This story is a snapshot of the dangerous patriarchy/theocracy in action, lauding their own questionable ethical framework.

These are the people who keep all the goodies for themselves. These are the people who are righteously indignant when anyone asks them to operate according to rules that most Americans agree are fair: equal opportunity, equal rights, transparency in government, transparency in financial affairs of all major institutions, respect for and interactions with minorities and with the underprivileged.

These are the men who wear blinders.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 02:16PM

Mrs Truthseeker's grandpa gave a patriarchal blessing to Burton's grandson a month ago in which he told him that he is named after a very prominent gawd. Still no word on the name of the gawd (probably too sacred), just that this gawd was known for his works and power. It may have been joseph, brigham, gordon, but defintitely not jesus.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 04:03PM

Truthseeker, can you expound -- sounds like craziness if I'm understanding correctly. Thanks

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 05:24PM

Mrs Truthseeker's grandpa is a patriarch in the SLC area. He writes all his kids/grandkids etc. once a week and usually keeps us updated on how many blessings he's given and any interesting bits of info he is moved upon to pronounce. A month ago he wrote that he gave a blessing to a young man and in the blessing he said the boy was named after a prominent gawd. This particular gawd is known for his power and works. He did not name the gawd, but later in the letter mentioned that the boy was the grandson of Presiding Bishop Burton. Grandpa-in-law did say this is the first time he has ever received prompting to state the recipient is named after a gawd.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 10:46PM

Haha. I bet that surprised the parents when they were told he was named after a god, they did it and they didn't even know it. Mormon god works in a mysterious way -- hey, I thought he said he was a jealous god. Hmm.
I wonder what his name was, maybe Kevin, Bobby, Rick, Jordan?
Sounds like grandpa-in-law might be doing shit to get himself in trouble.
Thanks for the fun.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 04:48PM

Seriously...I'm just shaking my head.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 04:54PM

So which is it:

City Creek Center Cost:

$500 million (prophesied by Gordon Hinkster)
$1 billion (recent DN article on the project)
$1.5 billion (this current "news" article)
$3 billion (the church's own PR dept. some months ago)
$8 billion+ (prophecy of our own Mighty Builder)

Which lie/truth are we to stick with ... with sealed finances we may never know how much tithing was wasted on this business-bust of a project.

I think he's getting an award NOW before the REAL bad news hits in a year -- all those unsold condos, all that unrented store space ... how valuable will this award be then? ... Burton will probably hide it away in his attic too.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: March 18, 2011 05:43PM

weeder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he's getting an award NOW before the REAL
> bad news hits in a year -- all those unsold
> condos, all that unrented store space ... how
> valuable will this award be then?
Who cares. This year, another 2 to 3 billion in tithing will enter the church's coffers as "unrestricted funds".

Then in 2012, another 2 to 3 billion will come in, no questions asked - not by the sheep, nor by the IRS.

Then in 2013, well, you get the picture...

These old dudes are not worried about a few billions here or there. They don't run a business, they run a church. Money for nothing.

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 11:07PM

...Plural chicks for free...

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 20, 2011 09:30PM

I had to put my boots on to finish this video. cult

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.