Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 12:46PM

The church threatened Washington D.C. enough and yet God never "softened the hearts" of politicians to allow the "new and everlasting" covenant.

No, the church (I mean God) changed its mind, sort of. What a missed opportunity for the Big Guy to show he's in charge.

Something to drive a TBM crazy & make 'em pull out the usual stock explanations...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 01:09PM

1. God would have to take away peoples free agency if he were to destroy them for not allowing polygamy.

2. God instituted the United Sates Constitution so the world could have the Gospel, and thus could not destroy it.

3. That was never said, and is made up by enemies of the chruch.

or more likely but not said by morgbots:

4. Just like the multitudes of other disavowed statements made by the church over the years, God had nothing to do with whatever stupidity these guys were spewing, and as he told his followers in the Book of Mormon, Polygamy was a sin. No reason to punish people for condemning sin.

Posted by: Glenn Berserk ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 04:41PM

First there was the Great Chicago Fire of 1871--God's message on that one was purposely sent to a place near where the prophet Joseph was martyred, and was in response to laws Congress passed in 1862. And of course the Lincoln assassination happened in the meantime...

Then there was the Spanish-American War of 1897--the year after Utah achieved statehood only after outlawing divinely sanctoned plural marriage! Yeah, I know the history books say it began in 1898, but trust me on this one, okay? And nobody knows how the explosion on the battleship USS Maine occurred, but I'll suggest it was triggered by the finger of God Almighty...

The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, World War I, the Great Depression, World War II... Seriously, you're in need of some genuine education; better use some of that money I've been telling you to buy gold with and spend it on some history classes...

Okay, Sorry... Cabbie here... I spent a few minutes over at LDS Freedom Forums yesterday (shouldn't have listened to that Jurrasic-era crap smoking dinosaur, that's fersher! You know who you are lizard-brain!).

I just had to purge myself...

And thank the universe that RJ knows I love him and I'm just kidding...

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 04:45PM

As Gordon B Hinkley put it when he was Prophet "it is not doctrinal"...

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 04:48PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.