Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 12:43PM

They put my name in the sacrament meeting program (they left out what time we were supposed to show up, though) and I got a reminder text on Wednesday. Too bad I am too busy today. LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 12:45PM

YOU GO! Or rather, don't go. Let us know if anyone has the nerve to confront you about it.

Date: February 08, 2014 12:47PM

Dorothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOU GO! Or rather, don't go. Let us know if anyone
> has the nerve to confront you about it.

I will!

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 12:48PM

They didn't even ask, and they expect people to show up? Lol

Date: February 08, 2014 01:05PM

I know. What if I was out of town for the week? :/

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:04PM

When god tells you go clean his sheeple's shit off the toilets, you better cancel that vacation or anything else. This is hastening the work!

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 01:28PM

Not to distract from your enjoyment.

Is it that you are too busy or is that untrue?

Or

Is it that you prefer not to clean your chapel?

Which is the honest statement?

"Busy" is a term that is abused by people in general and Mormons with skill. Do you want to clean your Church building or not? If you do make the time, make the time, if you don't then say so.

Too busy. Not so sure that's an honest reason based upon your glee. Enjoy being too busy to help clean your Church building.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 01:41PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:01PM

So you're saying she can't be honestly busy, because she's happy to not be cleaning? Wtf?!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:26PM

Or maybe she can be too busy defending her moral position to go. Either way, as we speak, I am applauding her.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:09PM

HAHAHA looks like someone got conned into cleaning and is resentful that you didn't.

Date: February 08, 2014 04:32PM

HaHa. She represents that she wants to clean her Church, attends her Church, but is too busy to clean her Church and says he prefers not to clean her Church here.

Ha, ha.

What's genuine about that conversation?

The busy part, the attending part. Why she on their list? No one has put me on a list to clean the Mormon church?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 04:37PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:12PM

Maybe she's "busy" washing her hair or doing her laundry or watching paint peel off her wall.

Here's the deal. SHE gets to decide the value to her of the things she decides to do rather than cleaning the chapel. Her life. So if she says she's busy. She's freakin' busy!

Date: February 08, 2014 04:22PM

Why doesn't she say, she doesn't want to clean her Church. She was also saying that, she prefers to say she is busy to saying she doesn't want to clean her Chapel. Is she too busy to go to the meetings?

Someone is going to clean her Church, just not her. She's too busy to clean, would prefer not to clean, but not too busy to attend. Is that the story I heard? What did you hear?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 04:24PM by gentlestrength.

Date: February 08, 2014 06:04PM

This isn't about what other things she's too busy to do. It's only about her right to say she's too busy to clean.

She has the right to say whatever she wants. And the reality is that regardless of what she chooses to do instead, even if it's staring into space, that means she's too busy to clean.

It doesn't matter what I heard. All that matters is she can say whatever she wants. She has the right.

She doesn't have to get in someone's face to earn the right to not do the cleaning up after other people.

Date: February 08, 2014 04:21PM

I am saying own why you don't go.

Mormons are known for being passive-aggressive.

She states she's too busy to clean her Church. Does she go to her Church, does her Church ask her to clean her Church, did she clean her Church?

Why? Too busy? Really? Seems like she said she preferred not to clean her Church, let someone else clean her Church for her.

Just curious as to why she didn't say, "I don't want to clean my Church!"

Why?

Because I prefer to not clean my Church.

If passive-aggressive "I'm too busy to clean my Church works for you, that speaks about you, not me,". Okay, was that too aggressive or bold for those who prefer passive communication!?!

Just saying, say what you mean.

Date: February 08, 2014 06:07PM

She is owning it. She's too busy.

Not trying to pick an argument but you sound like just because she doesn't want to face the wrath of the other ward members (in however that manifests itself) she doesn't have the right to slink out of the cleaning.)

Are you the person who wouldn't have the guts to stand up and say "no" but think it's not right to slink out and so you'd just go and do it anyway and resent others who got out of it?

Date: February 08, 2014 06:17PM

No. Are you too busy? I speak straight with people.

Did you read simething I didn't?

Busy is a matter of priorities. I get that cleaning her Church is not a priority, I am fine with that.

I have questioned her choice to misrepresent her reasons.

There appear to be many here that prefer the passive Mormn voice to the more aggressive former Mormon voice. No apologies. I speak with a former Mormon voice, especially to Mormons.

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 06:16PM

She doesn't owe them any explanation.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 01:30PM

Well done!

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 01:36PM

I used to be the cleaning coordinator for our ward. I can't tell you how many times me and my kids cleaned the church because we didnt have a sign up that week. I used to stand there in priesthood opening exercises and get enough signups for the next month. Sometimes we would sit there for 5 minutes waiting for the final week to be volunteered for. I stopped going, they released me.
The ward started a new voluntold system where 4 families each were assigned a part of the church (chapel, halls and foyer, bathroom, classrooms). My wife wouldn't go clean so guess who had to drag the kids down to clean. Last year was the first year in several years that we weren't assigned a cleaning job. This year we are back on the list. Fair warning the toilets won't be cleaned by me this year.

Edit:I just figured out why we missed a year. --- snow removal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 01:47PM by Redneck Wonderland.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 01:37PM

It's a start....and ya gotta start somewhere...if a whole congregation said NO...then what?

Ron Burr

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 01:41PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
> It's a start....and ya gotta start somewhere...if
> a whole congregation said NO...then what?
>
> Ron Burr

Congregation unionization!

Love it...that ought to get the attention of corporate headquarters.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:02PM

YAY !!!!!

Date: February 08, 2014 02:23PM

B.K.P. : "The peasants are revolting !"

T.S.M. : "I'll say they are !"

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:32PM

The janitorial assignments have probably brought down more shelves than the nursery calling ever did.

The men want a day off after working all week. The women don't want to clean house, and the church too. Something has to give. The best solution is to not clean the church. When the demanding harassments start the shelf breaks.

For that reason, I think janitorial duty is a great idea.

Posted by: Toilets ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:41PM

Have never understood the indenturedness of janitorial work. What about this mind-blowing concept of everyone taking personal responsibility to clean up one's own mess the moment after it occurs? Splatter diarrea everywhere? Clean it. Toddler throws cheerios everywhere? Clean it. Voila. All need for janitors phased out.

Date: February 08, 2014 03:16PM

Date: February 08, 2014 03:20PM

you mean like they used to ?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:43PM

Toilets need to be occasionally cleaned even when not used. The water doesn't stay clean. Things get dusty and grimey and have to be wiped down on occasion.

Given that that's the case, I don't understand why the church lets its capitol assets (its buildings) be left to be maintained by a bunch of untrained volunteers.

There's this thing called entropy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 04:44PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: mike ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:34PM

Jeez.. What could be more important than cleaning a throne? ;)

Posted by: zenmaster ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 02:37PM

I just did the same thing :)...it was both on principle and because I just didn't want to get out of bed...it's the weekend for goodness sakes!

On the same note, my younger child went because for some reason, she has this fascination with cleaning toilets :) my wife accompanied her

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:28PM

jujubee Wrote:
> They put my name in the sacrament meeting program
> (they left out what time we were supposed to show
> up, though) and I got a reminder text on
> Wednesday. Too bad I am too busy today. LOL

Isn't that rather huminating and embarrassing for the morg to post whose turn is it to clean? What if you have to be your job instead of the cleaning it for free??

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:31PM

Posted by: nationalnewscampaign ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 06:14PM

jujube is underage or just 18 and is still living in her parents' house, I believe. I can testify (lol) from personal experience that it's a tough situation to be in. I'm really glad there is some time between me and that situation. Knowing that TSCC is false and being economically stuck in a TBM family is really hard.

Lets give her all the moral support we can.

Also, I think the story of why TSCC fired all the custodians is newsworthy. A ward house is Utah is a big facility that needs a lot of professional upkeep. I would say "deserves" a lot of professional upkeep, but of course I would like the morg to just go away and then I don't know what their facilities would deserve ;)

Being a ward house custodian was meaningful employment for the people whose jobs this was. It caused a lot of financial hardship for them to lose these jobs so that TSCC could pocket more $.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.