Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:08PM

. . . from a closed thread. (The show is now over but further discussion on this board isn't):

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1163636

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 04:27PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:14PM

I thought it was superb. Who would have imagined listening to talk radio and hearing an intro "Thomas Monson, President of the Mormon Church, has been charged with fraud in England" or "the mormon church made Tom a God" or "I received the second anointing."

This wasn't the place to methodically lay out the argument. But it was a great extra bit of publicity. There had to be a few mormons sitting in their cars, listening to the radio, saying WTF?

But the legal proceeds do promise to be a lot more fun. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 04:14PM by thingsithink.

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:17PM

can't wait for the show to post a link to the interview

Tom and Tal are very well spoken - there's some really great sound bite / quote material in there

Posted by: LOLILOL ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:25PM

I ended up having to take care of an emergency, so I missed most of it, so what happened? What was said?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 04:36PM

I agree. There were some INCREDIBLE sound bites in that short interview of two very well spoken and knowledgeable gentlemen.

I'm sure I would get so tongue-tied I wouldn't be able to summarize in a couple of sentences what the action is about or what the heck the issues are with the Mormon Church, as Tom and Tal both did so remarkably well.

They should take this show on the road!

Posted by: braindead ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 05:01PM

As always, I am impressed with Tal's command of the English language and of his ability to express so succinctly what so many disaffected Mormons struggle to express. I admire Tal, Tom Philips, and many others for their courage to not only speak out, but to actually take action and skillfully expose Mormonism for the fraud it truly is.

May I say on the behalf of so many...Thank you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 05:02PM by polly.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 06:26PM

I wish they had spent more time on the Eden in Missouri topic. I don't think the host had heard of that. That is going to be the best thing about this trial. People are going to learn all kinds of crazy things that Mormons teach. Of course TSCC will use the GBH claim that they don't know that they teach that.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 08:45PM

Outstanding job, gentlemen! Wish there could have been more time allotted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.