Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: non for this ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 02:00PM

I almost put off topic, but then not. So my now 14 year old who has struggled with deep depression, delusions, meds, is a bit better for now. I appreciate all the kindness and advice people have given me on this board, it has been rough.

So he is coming off lexapro/wellbutrin, one more dose. He has been depressed at times, and then hypomanic at others. He still says weird things. I found him a therapist who he has already seen twice and actually talked to, and this therapist goes at least the 50 minutes :)

So, the on topic is this. On Tuesday we had an 8 am therapy appointment, way to damn early, but when my son got up he said no more swearing. Ok, that's weird, cause that is what he loves and has done more since he was depressed. I was like, ahhh, ok.

So he went to therapy, and came out happy. He told me in the car he wants to go to church. I said, ok, I'll take you to a church. Just not the mormon church. He said, well, I want to go with Gatlin. I told him ok I guess (knowing this was him; being weird) but I said you cannot get baptized. He was like, yeah, I know.

So I was at my tbm bff house telling her this. She said "can't you just take him yourself?" I said, no, I won't to the mo church. She said "not even for him" I said, I would take him to another just not mo. She didn't like that but didn't say much else. Thye think since my ex and I have split that I will go back because she htinks a big reason we left is because he is gay.

Not....so, anyway, my kid is swearing again like a sailor. I don't like it but there isn't alot I can do. I would rather have him brush his teeth and fight about that. I swear too, he is just a little inappropriate with it around me.

So, I may have to take him to church sometime, not the mo church. No way in hell would I do that. I hope it was just a phase from the medication just like the delusions. His therapist ia a BYU grad of course, we are in Utah county, but he seemed cool with it, and knows my son hates BYU. At least for now he has someone to work with.

Thanks again for your support....I would like to think this is over, but of course that is most likely not true. So for now...Happy st pattys, and happy birthday my boy!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 02:28PM

"I swear too, he is just a little inappropriate with it around me."

Do you think he is being inappropriate to get a reaction from you? Have you just tried acting like you don't notice the cursing? You know how they say negative attention is still attention. I obviously don't know your child or what all he is going through, so this is just a guess. I can tell you that having a bipolar daughter, I feel extreme sympathy for you and hope you and your son get all the love and support you need for you both to cope with his issues.

And on a positive note, I hope he has a rockin' birthday!! You sound like a good mom!

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 02:34PM

I really hope the counselor is not putting the idea of going to church in his head. Be careful!

If he wants to go to church, try lots of different ones! Let him go to the Mormon church, then find a service later or earlier in the day to try. Find ones that will be fun for him and the Mormon church will pale in comparison!

I am glad he is feeling better!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.