Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lostinva ( )
Date: February 16, 2014 12:25PM

...is one of the most popular answers to any criticism of TSCC. It is used to diffuse any dissent about all the NUMEROUS problems with the leaders, the doctrine, the Stepford members or just about anything else wrong. To them in a "Kingdom" I guess the subjects can be as dysfunctional as Medieval serfs, lords and vassals and you still must give full loyalty to the king. Does this mean the TSCC is stuck in the Middle Ages?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 16, 2014 12:38PM

lostinva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does this mean the TSCC is stuck in the Middle
> Ages?

I think it is.

I'm reading this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Tudor-Passion-Manipulation-Englands-Notorious-ebook/dp/B00E257TBW/

In it, the fact that people in England in the Middle Ages worshiped the dead to a degree. They wanted recently deceased "Saints" and prayed to people like Henry The VI for help and thought that they got it.

Sounded a lot like people talking about going to The Temple to me. Except Mormon think of it as a business transaction. I'll endow you and doing it will give me God's blessings. So much more "modern" don't you think?

But I believe Mormonism started out as a radical cult and then turned into a preserver of things like fealty was in The Middle Ages. It is a Priesthood pyramid of power with little fiefs througout their organization.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.