Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 08:20PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 08:53PM

Correct, they do NOT know. This issue was addressed in the 1980s or 1990s in the Ensign. They gloss over the changes and NEVER reveal the BIG and important changes related to the priesthood restoration, Oliver's rod of nature, and Joseph's one-and-only-do-not-pretend-any-other gift.

Posted by: Uncle Joe ( )
Date: February 20, 2014 09:41PM

The book
The Joseph Smith revelations : text & commentary
By
Marquardt, H. Michael.

Covers this material very well. It was one of the earlier books I read for the truth simply because it was in my library.

Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 02:10AM

Isn't that the entire gist of the U K lawsuit . If it only accomplishes one thing , hopefully it will wake up the entire damned membership .

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 03:32AM

Just one of MANY did-you-knows, any one of which could shock the garments off them.

Ana

Posted by: johnnyboy ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 12:32PM

Agreed. This was something I had never known until this past year researching. It totally blew my mind

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 01:06PM

Not only were the revelations changed, but that was done IN SPITE OF the fact that God had ALREADY revealed that the revelations as printed in the Book of Commandments were true (see D&C 67).

Another example of the Mormon god changing his mind.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 02:23PM

This fact is what got me asking and what brought me here. That was initially 2006. Then I found this board in 2007. In 2009 I was out. Truly an amazing time in my life.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: February 21, 2014 05:34PM

Most don't know anything about the BoC. They might know the story about the printing press and the saved pages, but they think that was the BoM, or the D&C in it's current form.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: February 22, 2014 07:50PM

...is that the church wouldn't allow the Tanners to reproduce their copy of the BoC, so the Tanners copied it from a microfilmed copy which was at Yale University. And then the SLC newspapers wouldn't allow the Tanners to advertise their published copy.

This is yet another example of the church trying to hide its damaging history, even while their apologists today claim that the church doesn't do that.

I bought my copy of the BoC, as published by Wilford Wood, titled "Joseph Smith Begins His Work," from a used bookstore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.