Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: letthemgo ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 07:14PM

I was at attracted to the church due to the positive. However after 15 years of REALLY trying I can't get over the fact of how much I truly HATE and despise most of the people in my branch. It is full of gossips,disingenuous people, sexism, sociopaths, just plain crazy making people. I dedicated my life to this church AND my children. I WIN I have done a great job with my children and I submit more names to the temple than most, but I am treated like shit. I am gossiped about and manipulated, gas lighted. I have found that my feelings of worth within this church is dependant upon who the leadership is at the current time. I can go from being a well respected member that is valued with callings to someone who must be avoided and shunned simply depending who is in leadership. I am the same person behaving in the same manner. What the Hell!!! I HATE this church.

I am FINALLY at a place where I accept the doctrine is NOT true, I'm tied in now because of family. *sigh*

How do I get to a place where I can support my believing family but not get sucked into the vortex of the crazy people. I don't like wasting my time feeling abused.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 07:48PM

How did you go from submitting more names to the temple than most, to posting on rfm.

Just curious.
sounds like quite a story there.

Since you're asking for tips and advise, may I suggest that if you don't like wasting your time or feeling abused consider not submitting any more temple names.
You submit names (present tense).
hmmm, right there is a double recipe for abuse and wasting time and you are the one doing it.
So if you stop doing that one thing you've just added more time to your schedule and lessened the abuse your spirit-self is taking from temple name submissions.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 08:01PM

Well, as one of our long time board members has said, tell your loved ones that you changed your mind. People have a right to do that!

Personally I would not spend one more minute at a voluntary activity where I did not feel valued, accepted, and respected. Who needs that? Church should leave you feeling uplifted. If it doesn't, *find another church that does.* Or just quit going altogether.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 08:02PM by summer.

Posted by: letthemgo ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 08:06PM

Most of the normal and truly honest and loving people that belonged to the branch have left. I'm a genealogist before or during or after my LDS experience. My children will be doing the ordnances not myself.

You can't really find a 'clue' within my grammar, it could be based on a typo or my inability to type as quickly as I think nor my willingness to edit my post.

My challenge is to stay sane while I am still subjected to only crazy people. I'll leave the second my children are no longer within this branch.

I get along really well with anyone other than members of the church. The irony is, I don't like being judged for being a 'mormon', I prefer people who see me as myself with my own opinions; but here I am judging those within the branch.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.