Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 02:23PM

I was taught as a youth that those that reach the CK will start to learn how to create planets, universes, etc. We would have many wives and lots of spirit babies. Back then that sounded "cool" and was different than playing a harp for eternity. Soething other Churches kind of taught.

Feb 2014. So we won't be doing the planet thing. Previous Prophets and Presidents were wrong and lead us astray. Okay, so just what will we be doing forever.

I know the Church is pushing families forever. So will we just be with our familes forever now.

When I visit my kids and grandkids, about a week is all we can all take. Great kids so I am not complaining. They need to get on with their lives and their familes and I need a rest!!!! You get the point.

So if I understand it correctly, we won't be doing the planet thing. The family thing might have some problems and sounds pretty boring, so what are we going to do.Chatting all day long with God? Before Feb 2014 we at least had something different than main stream churches.

I figured those in the other two kingdoms in the CK would be assisting me with planet and universe creation. At least that was what I was taught as a youth. So what will those people be doing?

Can you see the Church slowly falling apart? Piece by piece. There is really not anything exciting about it any more. Oh the temple, how can I forget. in the Temple we are taught how to return to our Father in Heaven. Other Christain Churches teach that also. Same ending, but different ways to get there.

So I am not sure what product the LDS Church is selling these days and I am being honest.

As a youth and young man I sold the Church on some of the following:

BoM was about the people who God lead here. Only 3 groups came to America
Only people God wanted where allowed to come to America
JS has a vision (not 6 or 7 versions)
JS translated BoM with Urium and Thumium. (Not stone found in well)
God talks to his prophets and Jesus runs His church
We get to make planets and universes and have lots of wives and spirit children
The church is run on daily revelation
Temple stuff was taught to Adam and so forth
God will never lead his prophets astray or he will remove the prophet
Blacks could not hold the priesthood due to curse of Cain
JS died as a martyr (not in an old western gun fight)
etc, etc, etc

Boy do I feel foolish looking back at what I said to people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dupsterfnuberdork ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 02:56PM

TBMs will keep believing and thinking as they always have. You'll have those that still believe in past doctrines because they know the world is just not ready to hear the truth so the church isn't revealing it to them.

You just have to understand these mysteries properly then you'll truly see what the church is doing. The world is becoming ever wickeder so less and less can be given to them - they can only handle baby milk while the true believers know the "true" doctrines.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 04:07PM

I never liked the notion in "regular" churches that you would spend eternity singing hosannas and praising God; that would get damn tedious real quick.

And I never quite figured out the Celestial pecking order on having your own planet and who you're on an equal footing with god-wise & who you're supposed to worship at that point, because it doesn't make sense, like most stuff in mormonism.

In Hollywood, they have a saying when things are screwed up in production: "We'll fix it in post."

TSCC has been trying to "fix things in post" since it began, and leave some things on the cutting room floor; unfortunately, we have the first draft of the script, and its sequels, with notes from the "director" that it was to be shot EXACTLY as written with NO REWRITES....

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 05:43PM

The eternal family thing was always the point I hung up on. My family wasn't very good. Not only were they abusive, but they were largely uninspired and unimaginative, too.

Why would I want to spend the rest of eternity with them? I think I would rather go to the 'Outer Darkness.'

I didn't get to 56 and not have any kids by accident. Why would I want my own planet with thousands of kids.. Can you imagine the smell? Yuck...

If people think you are outside of the social/religious mainstream; then abandon your beliefs and substitute socially acceptable beliefs. This is one of the benefits of 'continuing revelation."

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 05:52PM

Let's see. They won't be allowed to masturbate. R-rated entertainment is forbidden. No drinking or smoking or coffee or tea. No reading unapproved material. Stupid itchy garments restrict clothing styles. No swearing. No TV on the Sabbath, and every day is the Sabbath.

About all the Mormons can do in the CK is screw each other, just like they do here on Earth.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 05:52PM

What the essay says is that those in the CK will not "get their own planet". What we were taught is that as gods we would be able to create our own universes and populate them with our own spirit children. The essay does not deny that. It says:

"Likewise, while few Latter-day Saints would identify with caricatures of having their own planet, most would agree that the awe inspired by creation hints at our creative potential in the eternities."

"our creative potential in the eternities" still leaves room for a belief in future gods creating their own universes.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 06:02PM

Their just offended by the caricatures.
They don't like to be made fun of.
Well, who does.

The problem is that if they don't want to be made fun of they shouldn't have so many stupid, ridiculous beliefs.

It's just too hard not to poke holes in them.
People don't usually purposely try to make jokes; it's just that it's impossible not to.
This stuff makes fun of itself without anybodies assistance.

thanks for pointing out the weasley double-talk used in this essay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 06:04PM by joan.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 05:57PM

For men it's going to be a full-time job finding other marriage partners and siring lots of children.
For women it's going to be a full-time job looking after all those children and sister-wives.

God's planet is going to become pretty congested, what with all the polygamous spirit off-spring being born.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 05:58PM by joan.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 06:20PM

Sitting in celestial pews and judging each other.

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 06:46PM

They'll all just be milling around, wearing white. Not much else to do, since the planet creation program got cut.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 08:15PM

I was under the impression they didn't disavow - just did a big DIS-clarification. "We dunno for sure"

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: March 01, 2014 08:46PM

Same thing are now.

1. Attending endless boring meetings.

2. Given a calling. "God in charge of finding lost keys for those on earth" etc.

2. Given teaching quotas that need to fulfilled, and then guilted it you don't meet the quotas set for you.

3. Trying to get the billions of people who have died to convert to Mormonism. Remember, billions who have died have never been baptized in a mormon temple, and those that have been baptized for the dead have the choice whether to be a mormon. That means getting all the people partying on the other levels of heaven to convert to mormonism.

4. With only a few million faithful mormons, and billions of dead, there is a lot of proseltyzing to done, and once they convert, a lot of teaching to be done!

There won't be time to visit with family (or anyone) you might want to chat with. There's eternal work to be done!

Posted by: Anon2 ( )
Date: March 03, 2014 08:40AM

They will amuse themselves by drawing caricatures of what their millions of spirit babies will look like when they actually receive a body someone can see. Anyone spot the logic bomb there? Anyone?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.