Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: March 11, 2014 05:52PM

The Missionaries showed up at our door AGAIN!!!! My BIL was going to be gone for several months so he filled out one of those moved forms at the Post Office.

Ever since then, the Moron Missionaries continue to show up at our door asking for him. We have been polite as well as rude telling them that he does not live at our house and I do not have an address to give them. I guess these morons think if they continue to show up that he will answer the door.

They NEVER ask for me.

I am thinking about putting a 10 foot by 10 foot sign in my front yard that says something like: ATT Mormons - BIL DOES NOT LIVE HERE. DO NOT KNOCK OR RING DOORBELL.

I know they are too stupid to understand "WHAT IS WANTED". We have started to ignore them ringing the bell and knocking but now they have started looking in my windows. What a CULT!!! They always knock 3 times. Maybe I need to remove the little white hammer on the door.

The BIL they are hunting for, has not been to LDS Cultsville for over 35 years. What a waste of boy power using missionaries chasing those that hate the cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: March 11, 2014 07:17PM

Were you a missionary? I am just curious.

It is probably multiple sets, right? Missionaries sometimes get handed down un-updated records, with crappy notes at best. You are actually lucky to get any relevant info at all on your area.

So new sets come in, have NOTHING to do with their time. Get guilt tripped and beaten DOWN ALL the time by the church. They feel terrible for failing at a lost cause. So they grasp for straws.

Go looking for old names in old places hoping for something to happen.

Sometimes they get sent on wild goose chases by old members who should know better.

Just saying, the missionaries are young kids who don't know any better. Whatever you say to one set is probably not gonna translate to anyone else, so don't be too harsh on the next ones.

Unless it is the same ones harassing all the time, then let them have it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 07:18PM by nonsequiter.

Posted by: ladyfarrier ( )
Date: March 11, 2014 11:02PM

My dad (a never mo) had church people calling all the time after my sister and her family stayed with him for a little while. He had one more talk with son in law and his next step was going to be giving them the number for a local bar.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 04:56AM

Threaten someone who will threaten the mishies.

What threats?

That's up to you but you need to choose something you're willing to do. Perhaps see a lawyer. File a police report and send them a copy. Letters to the editor or religion reporter of the newspaper, hose them, whatever you think is appropriate.

Telling flies to stay away doesn't work as well as a fly swatter.

Date: March 12, 2014 05:51PM

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes I was a Missionary for the CULT. Back when I was a door knocker we did not try to activate those that had seen the truth and left. Activation was the members job and ours was to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one - wait - sorry our job was to seek out new converts.

Even way back then, the branches had 100's on inactive, less active or those that had discovered truth and only a handful of local members.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 06:07PM

Maybe put up a sign with a little temple hammer to knock three times...."what is wanted"

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: March 12, 2014 06:12PM

Call the Mission President and tell him what is happening. State that if missionaries continue to harass you that you will have no choice but to take legal action. Now, there may be no legal action for you to take, but lawyers strike fear into Mormons. Also if you have a friend that is a lawyer, a letter on lawyer letterhead works too.

Date: March 12, 2014 06:22PM

I have been thinking about looking up some address in some god forsaken place like western Kansas and and giving the Missionaries his "New Address". But then I thought perhaps a gay bar would be even better.

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: March 13, 2014 01:40PM

I am a bad person, because I like the gay bar idea. But they would immediately know they had been tricked. How about the address of a real functioning charity that needs service workers - like a soup kitchen?

Posted by: Northern_Lights ( )
Date: March 13, 2014 03:18PM

Calling the Bishop won't do much. Missionaries answer to the Mission President. I would find the # for him and call him and demand, not ask that you be left alone.

It is not your responsibility to update their church's record, and no if the area book is not kept up to date then perhaps there would be more motivation if your are more viable angry when you answer the door.

Don't drop hints, do play cute games. Tell them the have 30 seconds to leave your property before calling the police. After that I would not answer I would just call the police, without warning.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: March 13, 2014 03:26PM

Or fashion something that looks just like it. Add a green apron, and keep them handy near the door. When you see them coming, quickly put them on, open the door with the veil down over your face, then when they're looking quickly flip it up with a "peek a boo I see you!"

They just might leave you alone after that. Geez, how obnoxious.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: March 13, 2014 03:43PM

Electrify the little white hammer.

AndIplayedJoe

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.