Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobite ( )
Date: March 23, 2014 12:37PM

Ititnesses to platesust off the top of my head, I can't think of any arguments by Mormon intellectuals that don't have serious flaws. Here's my list of what they think are "compelling" arguments.

1) Lehi's journey I.e. nim.-Put's them too far away from Jerusalem to journey back. Nim was on Saudi Arabian maps in the early 1800's. River only occurs in rainy season. Etc.
2) Chiasmus in bom-Chiasmus is everywhere, even green eggs and ham. Few outside of KJV parts. Etc.
3) Names in bom are hebrew or egyptian.-names copied from surrounding area, bible names with slight variations to names or even acquantences such as Smith's landlord. Etc.
4) There was additional papyri that is used to translate the boa-joseph's own notes show he copied from other parts of fascimilies, easily identified in sen sen, wrong translations in fascimilies themselves etc. Etc.
5) Sorenson's ancient american setting and bom codex-all kinds of problems with distances. Put Sorenson's map over known Mayan map and nephites are smack dab in middle of Mayan stuff we know was going on. Ridiculous leaps of logic on barley, horses and other anachronisms. Etc. Etc.
6) Middle eastern druze connection to north american Indian tribes-haplotype x2a connects way earlier to ancient north americans. Couldn't possibly have happened in time frame of bom. Thousands of years earlier. Etc.
7) Abraham known by Egyptians-egyptians only knew of Abraham after Hebrew immigration thousands of years later. Etc.
8) Mound builders/Hopewell were really the peoples of bom-mostly hunter gatherers, leadership structure wrong, numbers wrong, timing of arrival wrong, DNA wrong, archaeological findings wrong, snow, high incidences of venereal disease, rituals don't fit in with bom. Etc. Etc.
9) Ulusum being Olishem-400 miles in the wrong place.
10) JS correct prophecies about "mighty people" in rocky mountains- was inserted in history by Willard Richards after Mormons already in Utah. There are zero correct prophecies of js.
11) Witnesses of plates-spiritual eyes stupidity. Js wrote the testimony and cowderey signed their names. Eight witnesses later explain the experience totally different even though they supposedly saw the same thing.

Is this all they got? Seriously? If I'm missing some startling proof please inform me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.