Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 04:13PM

Ran into a couple of youngster Elders while coming home from work the other night. Offered to take them to dinner but they said they already had a dinner appointment.

Since any investigator is going to Google Mormonism i asked them how the internet is affecting their current success versus mine way back when there was no internet.

Of course they said if an investigator does go to the internet that they will only be exposed to "anti-Mormon" information. (I realize now i missed the opportunity to ask them to give me a specific example of "anti-Mormon" info an investigator might find which would have been interesting to hear from them).

They said that an investigator can only know by praying about their message and receiving the Holy Ghost answer. I said all the HG does is confirm to someone that the religion they were born into or currently believe in is the "right" one.

I further mentioned that isn't it a little arrogant to claim that the HG only confirms "truth" to Mormons? Tom Cruise has a testimony of Scientology as strong as yours is of Mormonism...isn't that enough for Tom to claim the truth?

Obviously it went over their heads what i was trying to get at and to make them think about...but they did have enough chutzpah to say that Tom Cruise is a crazy mixed up person and doesn't know anything about religion.

But of course these two youngster Elders have the world by the tail and know everything already!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 04:24PM

Mormons have the uncanny ability to put everything into testimony/feelings and yet completely disregard it all at the same time.

If it agrees with them it's god.

If it disagrees with them it's Satan.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: March 28, 2014 05:51PM

I think it goes like this. "Stupid is as stupid does"

One mannequin to another "Hey, you can't pose like that"
the other mannequin replies " Just try and stop me"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.