Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brotherjoseph ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:38PM

You know damn well that if Moroni appeared to you tonight, bright as an arc lamp, and hovering a foot above the floor, you'd be twisting those neck ties every Sunday, too.

Admit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VH5xJpjnxc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 02:39PM by brotherjoseph.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:40PM

I'd use those ties to tie him to my bed and do him.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:42PM

I'd go to the psychiatrist and get my meds adjusted.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 07:57AM

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Posted by: sonofaswede ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:42PM

Actually the first thing I would do is call my doctor to ask if I can get off my medication.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:43PM

. . . and if Muhammad appeared to me and told me Islam was true
I'd be in the mosque in a heartbeat.

. . . and if L. Ron Hubbard appeared to me and told me
Scientology was true, I'd be jumping up and down on the sofa
with Tom Cruise.

. . . and if Jesus appeared to me and told me the true authority
never left Catholicism, I'd be at mass.

. . . and if Krishna appeared to me etc.

However, none of this has happened, so I'm stuck living in the
real world.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:43PM

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:44PM

That's like saying if Santa comes down my chimney, I will sit on his lap at the mall every Christmas season...speculative dreaming no matter how you slice it.

Posted by: brotherjoseph ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:50PM

csuprovograd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's like saying if Santa comes down my chimney,
> I will sit on his lap at the mall every Christmas
> season...speculative dreaming no matter how you
> slice it.

- - - - -

Even atheists buy these chimney top covers. Why? What are they afraid of? Perhaps their disbelief in Santa is not quite as solid as you think.

http://www.controlcover.com/

Posted by: Faithless Colours ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:09PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:48PM

If Santa comes down your chimney, that'd be a whole different white Christmas! ;o))

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:50PM

Lmfao

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 02:47PM

I would auction the plates off at Sotheby's, that's probably why God did not choose me as a prophet

Posted by: nationalnewscampaign ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 04:57PM

I'm honestly not sure I'd return if I had a visit from God & Jesus in the sacred grove. I might ask them why they have such ridiculous plan, and then tell them that just 'cause they're god it doesn't make it right.

I feel church is wrong, even if it were true. (and it's not true)

Posted by: maddyb ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:00PM

If god wants me to believe, he can go ahead and send them. Too bad he won't, because he isn't real.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:11PM

Yer $hittin' me, right, Bro Jo? And if it were to happen?....I should care, why? I suck at obeying, BTW.

Ron Burr

Posted by: magic823 ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:21PM

Sorry, but BJ you're full of it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:25PM

If a chupacabra came up and bit me in the ass, I'd believe that too.

Posted by: anongirl ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 05:57PM

Right.

IF.

Won't happen.

Has never happened.

The end.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:02PM

Nope. MORONi won't do it for me. The last time I spoke to (insert your favorite god figure), I told him that in order for me to return to church I would require a visit from him, dead parents, and selected dead loved ones who would testify to me of the truth.

No visitation yet. That was 16 years ago. What a shame...I was told he loves me SOOOOOO much. I'm not holding my breath.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:05PM

I would need to shake his hand first to make sure he wasn't a demon.

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:10PM

Brother Joseph, be honest: If you were out of town on a business trip, and a beautiful strange women showed up on your hotel doorstep, begging you to ravish her nubile body, you would accommodate her needs.

. . .

Yea, you're right: 0% chance of that one ever happening either.

Date: April 05, 2014 06:14PM

Oh, and incidentally, if you find my post to be distasteful and boorish and offensive, I find yours to be the same.

Probably even on the same grounds.

Date: April 05, 2014 06:15PM

That is, your post is both immoral and ridiculously implausible, all in one.

Posted by: TookJoeAnalz ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 12:54AM

I'd ask him if he's been up to date on his tithing. After all its a non refundable "donation" which is completely volentary and seems God only takes good old fashion US of A dollarz...

Yeah, I guess I would blast him with my remington 870 I keep under my bed being I'm in a stand my ground state and I felt extremely threatned.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 01:02AM

"You know damn well that if Moroni appeared to you tonight, bright as an arc lamp, and hovering a foot above the floor, you'd be twisting those neck ties every Sunday, too." - No, I'd just not buy any drugs from that dealer again......EVER! Ha Ha!

It reminds me of the guys in Angels in America. They were certain that they were seeing things.

Posted by: Lilburne ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 07:22AM

Yes, but equally, what if Moroni's Gay brother appeared to you, he's not mentioned in the BOM because he 'let the family down' by going less active after his mission then coming out as gay, but by the same token, if 'Moreanus' appeared to you in a beam of light and told you the only way to God was through the via a new ordinace through the backdoor, then would we all be walking funny in the morning?

All this ever comes down to is coercion. Some big bully with loads of power appears as an angel and the implication is, do as I say or catch fire fore ever.

Yet every single one of us on here are pretty rational. Most of us scientifically minded.

If God appeared and simply explained things clearly he'd get way more traction than this obey nonsense. God states don't drink tea because there is a micro organism in it that you can't kill which causes x, or don't masturbate because you need to save all that energy for y.

There is never a reason, just an order followed by a threat. What I'd like is something a little more rational. I don't jog blindfolded on the freeway because I'm rational. A little explanation is PROVEN to shape my behaviour.

I'm ready to obey, well, maybe not Moreanus, and just not a bunch of old dudes in the Q15 that now think we have no right to any insights or answers. Evil little dictators who will be looked on very badly in history.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 07:56AM

If....

If my sister had a willy, she'd be my brother...

Posted by: Mårv Fråndsen ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 08:01AM

I recall reading that if Moroni had appeared to JS as stated his head would have been through the ceiling.

Such a visit would be awkward for both of us apparently. :-)

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 06, 2014 08:21AM

If there were any plausible evidence for Mormonism, I would have stayed. All the evidence pointed to a giant fraud, so I left.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.