Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Good Clean Fun ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:05PM

I moved to the area last year during the heat of my disaffection. Would love to vent with someone or a group of people in real life.

I'm a man with a bundle of kids and a wonderful wife who is TBM. For an orthodox believer, my wife is handling my disaffection well, but it's tough for both of us. Therapists I've met with don't seem to get it. And I figure a small group and a few pints would be more effective than a therapist, anyway, not to mention cheaper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:16PM

I know of a group in the Indy area that meets on occasion. I am two hours away from there, but I am in Indy a lot of weekends for soccer games and such with my own bundle of kids. Would love to meet and I can connect you with the group there as well.

Posted by: Stupor O' Thought ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 02:23PM

Hello good, clean fun. I live in the Indy area and left TSCC about 20 years ago. I don't post to this board or even read it very often, but your post caught my eye. I'm not aware of any group of exmo's around here, but like I said, I don't check in here very often. It would be interesting to see if there are very many others around.

Date: April 11, 2014 02:32PM

goodcleanfun and stupor. e-mail me, and I can connect you. I know a group. Not quite all ex-mo's several still attend but all fully conversant with issues and totally understanding. Great group. I and my wife are exmo's and just a couple of hours away as well and would love to visit with you guys.

Date: April 11, 2014 03:17PM

Excellent; I appreciate the replies. I've felt like a lone ex-mo in a sea of corn and soy fields.

Pardon my noobness, but how do I email, you? I edited my profile to show my own email address.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: April 11, 2014 03:12PM

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_190793840966074

also check meetup.com and other exmo boards for local happenings.

Date: April 11, 2014 03:20PM

A week or more ago I requested to join that Facebook group, but haven't had a response. If one of you have access to pending requests, I'd be obliged.

I'll keep an eye on meetup.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 03:20PM by Good Clean Fun.

Date: April 11, 2014 03:18PM

yup. onendagus. That is the same group to which I was referring. Even though I lived far away, I stopped in a couple of times while I was in the area and was welcomed. Great group and first time I was able to talk openly with someone in person about my questions/issues regarding the Church.

Date: April 11, 2014 03:27PM

I know the leader of that group. I will shoot them a note to see what happened to your request. In the meantime, try this group. It's not quite as close to you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563666637043129/

Date: April 11, 2014 04:16PM

I just got a message back from the head of the Indianapolis group. Here is her quote:

"I get about 15 junk requests a week to join the group, so I basically ignore all requests unless someone I know gives me a heads up. Let me know his name and I'll contact him."

Date: April 11, 2014 07:51PM

My name is the same as Noah's after he became an exalted man. (How's that for Mormon code?)

Thank you, Pathway.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.