Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 10:51PM

I was laying in bed lurking on RFM when he called me to go upstairs because he needed to speak to me. I went upstairs because I can be a pushover. He tells me that that he had a revelation last night while camping with his sons, but that his revelation wasnt for him, but for me. He saud that I needed to get married and have children because that is the only way that I can be happy. This guy is crazy. He tries to dictate what I eat, and is upset that I wont work for his profitless home business of buying thousands of dollars of broken $hit from the D.I. and selling it on KSL. He just got a divorce and a restraining order against him by his ex for being verbally combative and busting out their car windows. Since he moved in a couple months ago, he has completely filled up the garage, his bedroom, and the rest of the basement with $1000s of dollars worth of garbage recently bought from the D.I. and hasnt sold any of it. He often plays Saturday Warrior soundtrack really loud. I am getting tired of his ass. He doesnt go to church, pay tithing, attend the temple, read the scriptures, but still acts like a fundamentalist. The rest of the mormons here live like dirty cockroaches. I want to move out. The only thing that kept me sane is that I am able to leave and go bike touring whenever because I am on military disability retirement because of PTSD and aspergers. I wish I had a drivers license and a car to pack all my stuff up into to place into a storage unit and leave utah valley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2014 11:02PM

I hear you, Krampus. The looney tunes room mate. I've been there, and you have my sympathy. Good luck.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 01:05AM

I'm sorry, Krampus. I've been there. Before I bought my own home, I had tons of roommates. About a quarter of them were great, half were tolerable, and another quarter were nearly unbearable. I'm so glad that I don't have to do that anymore.

Have you thought about volunteering and then eventually putting yourself on the list for a home from Habitat for Humanity? It would give you your own affordable place to live, and I think being a disabled vet would be helpful in terms of securing a spot on their list. Another thought is public housing that is specifically geared toward the elderly or disabled.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 03:19AM

Tell him you had a vision from god too, and that it was revealed that this guy needs to hit the road jack, and not come back either.

Why not get an appointment right away with a social worker at the Veterans and tell her/him what feelings, needs and concerns you have? Can they help point you to different living arrangements out of Utah Valley, a small studio apartment? Also, paying for a storage unit adds up quickly.

Keep looking for options. Best of luck to you.

Posted by: koolman2 ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 04:42AM

Funny, I thought I remember being taught that you can receive personal revelation and revelation for your own family (wife and kids) only.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 06:35AM

Your room mate is a nutcase.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: April 14, 2014 11:04AM

I am going up to the VA soon to meet with my doctor. Last time, they said that I could go to the HUD office in Murray for housing, so I did. But HUD office brushed me off and told me to go to the Road Home to get on the waiting list before I can get housing. I tried going to the Road home a few times, but turned back because there were a couple hundred people hanging around which aggravated my ptsd greatly, and I was afraid that my bicycle would get stolen. I'll try going again, without my bike. I never though of Habitat for Humanity before. I will have to look into it. I dont earn enough for my own apartment. g

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.