Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 10:07AM

The original thread:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1243565,1243565#msg-1243565

Something indeed is "not right" about this. At the very least the widowed husband...and current FATHER to his dead wife's kids, is being EXTREMELY insensitive to his kids and their emotional needs.

"In January (exactly 90 days from her date of death, in fact), he changed his relationship status on FB to being "in a relationship". Along with this "announcement", ...Last week, he changed his relationship status to "engaged"...and posted a "family" picture with "New Woman" and her daughter,..."

"... they became FB friends about 2 weeks after my friend's funeral. I did question him, and he told me they met on a LDS dating website. He didn't say when they met, but did say that he had been ready to move on from my friend for quite sometime, because of "her poor decisions". He went on to tell me that the children "are excited to have a new mother". He closed by telling me that he and the children are "just relieved it's all over"."

Uh...I'm no detective but if I was in law enforcement in that "small, heavily-populated LDS town"...I would be asking some serious questions about the death of a woman in her 30's who outwardly appeared healthy..I find it REALLY intersting that he just blames his dead wife for "her decisions"...like and had NOTHING to do with her prescription drug use.

For the OP, you're gut-feeling is indeed telling you the same thing it is telling me

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon For This ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 03:48PM

It's such a terrible feeling inside. I have no idea what it must have been like to watch someone you love spiral down that hole.

Earlier on, she told me she couldn't relax during intimacy because of the pelvic pain (3-4 months after her baby was born). To help her, he would buy her bottles of wine. She knew I had left the church, and confided many things I'm sure she didn't share elsewhere.

It was shortly after that conversation when I could tell things were getting bad... really bad.

Am I crossing a line if I anonymously say something? Her family (some of whom live near her) knows everything I know, and they and haven't said anything.

If I say something and it hurts the kids, I will feel horrible. If I don't and someone gets hurt, I'll feel horrible.

Oh my sweet friend. I'm so sad that this is how your story ends.

Posted by: Or not ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 04:33PM

So tell the new to be wife. If it is what you fear, she would be the one who needs the info.

Posted by: Anony ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 04:47PM

I think you should tell all of the details to the cops. Don't tell the new wife because that would cause major problems for you.

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 06:56PM

I agree: DON'T tell the new wife. The husband will have already poisoned that well -- and perhaps started doing so even before his first wife died.

Tell the cops.

There might be reasons the family has been reluctant to go to the police: fear of creating a scandal, fear of having to testify against the husband, maybe fear/denial that he might have killed her or at least "helped her along," not wanting to make enemies in the small Mormon town (especially if they aren't certain anything will come of it), fear of him coming after one of them next. Maybe they are still grief-stricken and haven't managed to think critically about events in the way that you and others have.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.