Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LostAndConfused ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:39AM

And they regularly do introductions of themselves. Today this one boy introduced himself. He mentioned being transgender, which means he was once a girl, but now a boy. Basically all of the comments were telling him to take it down because it could make some members of the group "uncomfortable." Here are some of the lovely comments:

"Because this group was made to share testimonies and to post uplifting posts about who we are as LDS youth. Just stating you were a girl and now a boy and that's it is really uncomfortable for many here and not a lot of people would want to comment on here for fear of offending or saying something wrong. Yes we are supposed to love all LGBT people in the world, but it is something of which as a church do not see those specific actions as acceptable. Everyone has their choices and free agency which was a gift from God. But if you are here to troll or for other inappropriate reasons that do not pertain to the standards of this group then I suggest to take this down."

"Not rying to be a jerk but can u really have the preisthood.

They're making it sound like they want it taken down to protect HIM from being hurt, but I doubt that's really the case. I can understand not agreeing with someone's lifestyle choices, but I feel like these kids were pretty rude about it! They shouldn't have said anything at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 19, 2014 10:41AM

Here's another gem:

"I'm not judging him, but I just want to see the reasoning because it is uncomfortable for people, especially LDS youth. I'm being completely honest. If I sugarcoat everything then people won't hear what other people are really thinking. It our own selves that choose to take what someone said personally. Another point being, not to be making assumptions, but from my own observations of the world today, a lot of people tend to almost brag about being gay and expect everyone to accept them or they are considered considered haters of them personally, as a person. I don't. I do not agree with their actions but posting something like this without a testimony or something then it confuses the rest of us what point he is really trying to make. That is why I asked, because because I really want to know."

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:42AM

how christlike of them. Stupid idiots

Date: April 19, 2014 10:46AM

Thankfully, there were a few comments like this being made:

"Ok so this page was created for all the LDS youth of the church. We are supposed to love and accept all and not be judgemental. This is a page to just chill and meet new people and become friends. Basically many things may be posted that includes introductions. We are here to become friends and uplift many people. Not judge because of the things they've done with free agency. Welcome to the group Aaron."

Makes me wonder if some of my fellow peers actually DO question TSCC at least with some things.

Date: April 19, 2014 10:48AM

Here's a another that gave me hope:

"My ultimate goal (and everyone's goal should be) to show absolute Christ like love to anyone. Regardless of who they are or who they were before. His post doesn't have to make sense, or share a testimony, because maybe he doesn't have a full testimony yet. All that matters is that we show Christ like love, be open an accepting to anyone and everyone. Testimony or not. Member or not. That's the whole point of christs teachings. I respect him for being willing to be a member of a great spiritual group such as this one."

Date: April 19, 2014 10:51AM

the two nice people that posted are future exmos in the making. You can't remain a member of the church and think that way. The church doesn't allow it. I'm glad to hear that at least 2 people have their heads on straight. Just imagine what it's doing to the poor person that posted. Like they didn't need anymore rejection. They came to what they thought was a "safe" place and then were bashed. It's just SO wrong.

Date: April 19, 2014 10:54AM

Sometimes the kids in this group can be super sugary sweet and uplifting, but they can also be soooo self righteous at times, it's sickening.

Date: April 19, 2014 11:01AM

I can only imagine. From what I've seen, the youth today are much more accepting of alternative lifestyles. It's not "weird" anymore, it just is. You can thank the church for screwing up people who make comments like that.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:57AM

I applaud him for his openness about who he is. Perhaps some eyes will be opened. Glad there are some nice responses.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: April 19, 2014 10:58AM

Sounds about right coming from a buncha washed brains...

Have another sip of the Kool Aid, kiddies.

Date: April 19, 2014 11:03AM

This one isn't so mean, I guess. But as for me, personally, I'm at a point in my life where I don't know WHAT God would want. I'm confused about everything. What I do tend to believe is that he loves everybody how they are and expect us to treat each other the right way.

"I just want to say. Aaron God loves you, but it kills him when you change the greatest gift he gave you. I'm not judging you it's just not what God would want. I'm sorry but changing you body's gender doesn't change your spirits gender. You are still a girl. And I'm pretty sure God would want you to respect that. I'm sorry but it's true. (And just cause I'm saying the truth doesn't make me judgmental)"

Date: April 19, 2014 11:08AM

it IS mean though. They are basically saying the person is a liar and that they know best. He isn't a girl on the inside. That should be respected.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.