Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: danr ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:47AM

It was Sunday, which means a good day to ski at Grand Targhee in Mormon country, because most Mormons don't ski on Sunday--something about breaking your leg if you ski on Sunday. Also, it was Easter, so Mormon's should be in church listening to Joseph Smith stories.

So we are parked getting our gear on in the parking lot, and the car next to us has a BYU-I decal on window, and three RM-looking guys get out and start getting ready. They open all their doors and start blaring out "How Firm a Foundation" hymn on their stereo. Everyone is looking at them like "Please make that stop". Other tabernacle music follows along with "The Spoken Word".

They are smiling and acting like they are wanting the attention. I tried to think of something to say to them, and tried to imagine them playing rap or hard rock music that loud and if I would say anything. I decided that I wouldn't say anything, (and it's not Florida and I don't carry a gun) they looked so stupid to everyone else I didn't need to point it out to them.

So if you listen to Mormon hymns does that make it okay to ski on Sunday? I guess that was the intent these boys had. One of the best days to ski is Sunday; off work and not too crowded on the hill.

Seriously, do they realize how stupid they look? Do they think they are influencing others in a good way with their church music? Maybe these RM's are on the way out? Or maybe it was just a cult in action.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:51AM

They were rationalizing their unapproved Sunday activity by trying to create a Teaching Moment. They were hoping that someone would be inspired/impressed with their music, etc., and ask about it. They probably had a half-dozen Book of Mormons ready to give out.

-or-

They were just being butt-heads...

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:56AM

Haha. Mormons thinking they are righteous rebels but common off as annoying hypocrites. And the Mormon arrogance lives on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.