Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: soazexmo ( )
Date: March 07, 2012 04:55PM

Many non-mormon friends had told me growing up that mormon girls could be the craziest. It was apparently common knowledge that once a mormon girl had a sexual experience, she would be like a kid in a candy store. Kinda like Pringles, ya know, once you pop, you just can't stop.... Anything to this, or just malarkey?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 07, 2012 05:04PM

I think, trying NOT to be sexist, that:

men & women form their bonds, associations in slightly different ways/patterns.

I think a girls patterns are somewhat influenced by the relationships they had with their fathers, close or superficial.

Both men & women, boys & girls, seem to enjoy sex 'once they've experienced it'. If they get out of the (religious) Guilt thing, are careful of health issues (can't be 100% certain there), it add depth, meaning to relationships.

PERHAPS some girls are promiscuous b/c of seeking to make up for missing or unattached fathers, IDK.

Also, sexuality can be a Control Measure, just ask ChurchCo (as if they'll tell you, haha).

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 03:42AM

other than the sex thing, in my experience, i've found mormon girls extremely shallow and superficial. they have a junior high mentality. i've seen really grown ups acting and dressing the same way as a 12 year old. they love their brand news, gossip, compete against other girls, the drama, agh.

they sort of live in la-la land waiting for their rich and blond priesthood holder to come and rescue them from the evil witch's spell. then he takes her to the temple in which they are happy ever after.

whatever. wake up.

there's nothing like a real woman.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 03:55AM

I'm sure they can be tempted just like anyone else can. The difference is they are taught they are not worth as much if they come to a marriage "spoiled". It keeps some of them from doing the deed. Once you've already done it, it's too late so can be rationalized that it no longer matters. I once heard women will lie about how many partners she has had by cutting the number in half, while men will double their number. I say it's no one's business. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 03:56AM by suckafoo.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 09:13AM

From my experience, there is a bit of an "I'm going to hell now anyway, so I might as well go big."

Posted by: elainedalton ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 09:18AM

Air heads that are about as interesting as dirty dish water. None of the girls in my stake had any ambition whatsoever. They went to school for things such as hair and beauty, just to pass the time until they got married and became perfect stay at home mommies. Also, I think many of them have a prince charming complex.
(obviously i dont have sexual experience with a mormon girl, so i couldn't write about that ;))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 09:19AM by elainedalton.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 09:28AM

In my experience, people (not just girls) who grow up in a very strict, religious environment often go nuts when they are finally out from under the thumbs of their watchful, controlling parents.

The salutatorian of my high school class was also my best friend. Although her family was not mormon, her parents were extremely strict. The day we graduated from high school, she showed up to graduation in tears. I was so delighted that high school was over, I couldn't understand what could possibly be upsetting her. So I asked what was wrong.

"I'm 18 years old and this morning, my mother felt it necessary to tell me what to wear. Mom picked out this outfit and I hate it! I wanted to wear _____." I hugged her and told her it would get better soon.

I had a scholarship to attend summer school at the university to which I'd been accepted, so one week after that, I shipped out to school. I was living in the dorms, three hours away from my parents and anything mormon (there was a branch on campus and I went to Sacrament meeting once that I recall -- probably the one Sunday I wasn't too hungover that entire summer LOL). I had the time of my life that summer and for the subsequent four years. In the fall, my friend and the rest of my class all showed up to start Freshman year.

Although we ended up at the same university and in the same major, I didn't see my friend until maybe midway through the second term (Winter Quarter -- that school was on a quarter system at the time). We were having lunch in the dorm cafeterias. I'd made a bet with her that she wouldn't still be a virgin by the time we finished our freshman year. I asked her how our bet was going. :: devil horns ::

She smiled and pointed to this really smokin' hot guy who was going through the line. "See that guy?" Yep. "Well..." Ah ha! I'd won the bet and she owed me a 12-pack, which we got and sat down and drank together about a week or so later. Same girl dropped acid, smoked pot, drank like a fish, and got arrested for civil disobedience. I was pretty much the same way. Once we had a little freedom to make our own choices, we tasted the fruits of temptation and found them to be delicious.

She is now married (to a well-known Western nature writer) and is a published author. She rarely drinks and doesn't do drugs anymore at all. Has managed to stay out of jail since college as well. LOL

Everyone I know who had super strict parents growing up went off to college and experimented. That's what college is for. That doesn't mean that all strictly raised conservative religious girls are just sluts waiting to happen. It also doesn't mean that, just because someone experiments in their youth, that they will always be a party-girl slut. Some people get into that lifestyle and realize it's self-destructive and not conducive to personal growth. Some people get into that lifestyle and embrace it and remain party animals their entire lives (not many, however). I think it's a stereotype that "preacher's daughters" are the wildest, but there is some truth to it. I would not make any assumptions about anyone, however. Some people, apparently, enjoy being controlled and repressed by patriarchs. Some people value themselves only for their "purity."

It would be a mistake to assume that all mormon girls are like Easter eggs just waiting to be found and cracked open. That attitude depersonifies women and reduces us down to merely sex objects to be conquered. If you want good sex, with minimal tears, shame, and guilt, your best bet is to treat women like human beings, as if we actually have feelings. You know... like YOU want to be treated. Because sometimes, real human beings with feelings like to have sex. So you can still get laid, but you don't have to treat people like they aren't even people to get there.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 09:10AM

I was innocently reading this, thinking, "Man, what a great post; I wonder who this is..." And then I glanced up at the corner and realized it was ME. I wrote this.

:: pats self on back ::

That was a good post. ;>)

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 10:11AM

Everyone knows the Mollys. Many really are Mollys and stay that way for life, but there are also some Pseudo-Mollys that keep the Molly facade but are really Rebels when they get a chance. Some are really Rebels but just don't know it yet. I knew one of those. The rationale she used was that there were Mormon standards that could be distinguished from Mormon ideals. She claimed to abide by the standards but, at that time, had no interest in the ideals, meaning the stay at home wife baking cookies and stuff. She still wanted the Temple marriage and all that, but at a later time.

The Rebels, in my opinion, were the jewels of the Mormon Church. The real Rebels were comfortable with themselves and their rebellion. They weren't simply reacting to the strictures of the Mormon Church, they just didn't care about the strictures of the Mormon Church. They weren't 'sluts' to be 'sluts' but could and would say yes or no on their own terms for their own reasons. Unfortunately, no all that appeared to be or even claimed to be Rebels were really free from caring about what the Mormon Church demanded of them. These Pseudo-Rebels would Rebel and then repent in repeated cycles.

Posted by: rosemary ( )
Date: March 08, 2012 10:38AM

I didn't actually have sex until I was 20 (not married, but def not a casual hook-up) and wasn't doing much during high school, but I always thought the Mormon-girls-are-hornier thing was totally me! In junior college I had a lot of "almost" sex and had a blast. Never could feel as bad about it as I was supposed to. However, I never lied to my bishop when asked. Apparently everybody else does! So I paid huge consequences that were super-humiliating.

BTW, everybody thought I was the Molliest that Mormons can get, maybe that had to do with the consequences.

Looking back, I have to laugh at how ridiculous it all was. I will NEVER teach my kids stifling attitudes about sex. what I do teach them: 1) Don't be stupid about it. Consider how ready you are to be a parent. 2) it is emotional, and is supposed to be. Treat it as a healthy part of a non-casual relationship.

Posted by: Lexie ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 01:21AM

I've been married for 2 years and before then in High School and Church activities I was very sexual. I was experienced sexually by the time I was married.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 01:37AM

Rosemary, that was exactly me, every detail and I am teaching my kids the very same things about sex. Nice to know there are others out there I can relate to.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 01:33AM

Many of my brother's girlfriends would do as much as they could without losing their virginity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.