Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 07:56PM

I am absolutly dreading tonight. It will (hopefully) be my last as the Committee Chair. I wish that I didn't care what other people thought of me but I do. We have two wards combined to make our pack because the primaries are tiny. Anyway, I get along great with the Primary presidency in my ward but the two women in the other one piss me off. They are controlling, condescending, and a pain in the arse. I'm sure they won't say anything about my nose ring (none of the other TBM's have). I feel really defensive and anxious. Advice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 08:15PM by brandywine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 08:22PM

Beats me - I've got to go to one too tonight but we have three wards. I'm only going to see my friend's son graduate though - I don't have a calling in Scouts any more. Cubs was my last calling before I quit going to church entirely.

I'd say avoid the women you can't stand - the nice thing about cubs is that you can keep moving. Good luck.

Date: April 24, 2014 08:25PM

Thanks, and good luck to you too.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 09:14PM

The nice thing about being volunteers is that they can say I QUIT anytime they want.

Date: April 24, 2014 11:29PM

I already did. I just had one meeting left.

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: April 24, 2014 11:50PM

It is probably all over now, but I had the same nose ring paranoia. I've gotten over it. If they say anything, "Oh is that a nose ring?" I guess you could say something like "Yeah, I also pierced my nipples. Anything else you want to comment on?" I'm sure their jaws would just drop. You may also be able to ensure that you never are asked to help with another mormon scouting event again!

Date: April 25, 2014 01:55AM

Everyone just pretended not to notice, it was boring. Also, on a side note I like your screen name, it reminds me of that song by Cake. Goats are way more interesting than sheep.

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 12:07AM

I actually know a couple of tbm women with pierced nipples. Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2014 12:08AM by freckles.

Date: April 25, 2014 01:58AM

My sister has a TBM friend that wants to pierce hers, I just don't see the attraction but, to each his own.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 02:02AM

Wear the biggest nose ring you have and with a red stone if possible.

Wear a fake tattoo on your arm of the Temple in SLC. Or at least of the upside down Satanic star which is all over the temple. Perhaps that sun god Baal in a tattoo?

By the time those women get a look at those and take them in, they will be speechless so F*CK them.

DO they really call them scout PACKS like in PACK of wolves? That's too bad...

Date: April 25, 2014 02:08AM

If I have to go again I will take this advice into consideration. Yes they call them packs, it's a cubscout thing and not a Mormon one though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.