Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-cultmember ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 04:37PM

Did any of you ever work on the "Chat with a Mormon" program for the church? If so, what was it like? How many questions were legit vs trolling? Did any questions get you to question?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: oneflewwest ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 04:54PM

I never worked on the IM chat, but I did a bunch telemarketing while I was in the MTC. It was mostly just talking to people who called in for a free BOM or free Jesus the Christ videos. Quite a few times it was just members looking for a free copy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 04:55PM by oneflewwest.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 05:20PM

ewww...I hated that. And when I got out into the mission field in Georgia, I spent my whole mission riding around the most dangerous neighborhoods on our bikes all day in 95° heat with 95% humidity on an empty stomach and severely malnourished body, delivering a half dozen free bibles and Lamb of God videos every single day to people that just wanted free $hit. We had to leave them on their doorsteps, usually. But sonetimes we got to teach a drunk or high person a first discussion in order to be obediant in reaching the mission's proselytizing goals. It was as if the cult didnt actually want us to be productive, and kill ourselves in the process.

Posted by: Ex-cultmember ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 08:53PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.