Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 09:53AM

I posted this two years ago. This is my first repost(hehe I'm becoming SusieQ). I felt with all the new people that maybe it would be good to post it again, I did edit at least one place.

There are quite a few things I love about RfM. I am first and foremost thankful to the creators and moderators. They have given us all a place to grumble and heal. They have given us a place to prove we are not alone in this world. This is especially important to those of us smack dab in the middle of Moridor and surrounded by a constant influence of TBM family/friends.

Secondly, RfM is both scary and calming. Sometimes while reading posts I feel like I'm swimming in shark infested bloody waters. Other times I feel like I'm frolicking in a field of wildflowers. All posts, all perspectives(good and bad) can be helpful if taken with a grain of salt.

RfM has been helpful for me. I have posted a lot, possibly more than my share :), in the two years that I've been here. I have found a sense of community here that I didn't even realize I had been missing. I will be grateful for the rest of my life, for finding this place.

If you've made it this far in my ramblings, you get extra brownie points. ;)

Thanks for being awesome RfM creators, moderators, friends, family, and enemies(hehehe I couldn't help myself from adding that last one).

You have all made a difference in my life. I'm not the same person I was when I came here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 10:03AM

+1
It is a place that is rough and raw, soft and safe, all at the same time. It is a welcome shift from the world of Mormonism.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 01:25PM

Thanks for this post, fidget. Beauty isn't always pretty.

Date: April 25, 2014 03:00PM

Agreed :)

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: April 27, 2014 08:44PM

I love that "beauty isn't always pretty" :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 02:22AM

Growth and change are hard. That is what this place is about. Give support but not to where it become a crutch. Place to try on new hats. A place to help transition into the NORMAL real world.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 03:13PM

Well said fidget. I always think of you as our own personal "Gidget."

It is hard to put a price on being able to express yourself without reservation.

Moments of being understood are often illusive, but they are one of life's greatest gifts when they occur. There is a big chance that understanding will happen at RFM and it feels incredible after years of living the Mormon life with your mouth shut and your true feelings on lock-down.

Misery loves company, but so does healing and surviving. Growth and thriving love camaraderie as well. This is a good place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2014 03:14PM by blueorchid.

Date: April 25, 2014 03:18PM

It's a great place. I've been able to connect to so many awesome people, such as yourself :)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 25, 2014 04:05PM

It is a privilege to read and write here. Due to mental health issues, I'm practically a shut in. This is my virtual community, and what a group of creative thinkers it is!

Hugs to Susan and Eric.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 26, 2014 04:08AM

RfM taught me what I needed to know to get out of the church I knew I was uncomfortable there, but until I found RfM and could ask questions, I couldn't quite identify what the problems were.

It was so liberating to realize that I was not alone! There were others - LOTS of them - who had the same feelings and the same doubts that I did.

Now, I basically just hang around because this is a comfortable place.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: April 27, 2014 09:47PM

you are quite balanced mentally. the world has the problem.

Date: April 28, 2014 01:52AM

I absolutely love the community feeling here :)

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: April 26, 2014 03:25AM

Thanks to one and all, especially Eric. And thank you Susan. All of the above are among my favorite posters. I look for you here. Thanks folks!

Big Hugs from this MexMom.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 27, 2014 09:52PM

Tis a rather motley crew here and I love em all.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 27, 2014 10:11PM

AMEN

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 28, 2014 02:01AM

Love the shark infested comment and the wildflower comment. Great imagery there. I agree.

Date: April 28, 2014 08:28PM

Thank you :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.