Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: April 30, 2014 08:38PM

I taught my kids that there was no santa when they asked about it. For years after, we had to pretend it was a thing at family Christmas gatherings for the sake of their cousins, some of which were in their early teens.

My mom would hire a santa guy and we all had to spend 2 hours of total awkwardness is silence while the kids thanked this stranger for the gift we bought.

After a while some of the older kids wised up but still looked down on my kids for not acting the whole thing out. Like that was some kind of betrayal to baby Jesus.

I feel that way about leaving mormonism.

I actually get scowls because I don't believe things that most mormons will admit are not true. And even though mormonism has little to do with Jesus or his teachings, they act like I kicked baby jesus in the face because I left.

When I tell them that I am a christian and that I left BECAUSE I believe in christ's teachings, they are so confused and upset.

Why are we the crazy ones for not believing provable, obvious lies? Jesus!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.