Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tywer90 ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 02:44PM

My girlfriend and I recently left the church and are having a rather difficult time adjusting. This is my first posting, and was just wondering if anyone would like to meet up in Ogden, Utah and help us with some advice to get through this trying time. If this isn't appropriate, just let me know!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 02:52PM

Welcome.

I hope you do get support and good advice.

I grew up in that area and still have relatives there, but now I live in California.

You're very brave to leave the church and to post here. Congratulations.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 02:59PM

in ogden. Drop me an email. I'd be happy to meet up.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 03:02PM

There are a number of people here who live in the Ogden area (but not me...I live in another state).

There is also an Ogden exmo meet up group which you should check out as well. I think they meet once a month, on Sundays...and though I've never been to a meeting, it looks like they connect to a number of other exmo groups as well.

Welcome to RfM...there is much good support and information here, and we're glad you joined us!!!

Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: May 01, 2014 03:52PM

It's a lot to process. I unfortunately live in another state, but have benefited a lot from online forums like this one. There are several exmo/postmo/nom groups with different flavors, and by searching them you may find a close neighbor or meetups.

You are right to reach out - first to exMo groups, later just to people who share your interests so you can have a new circle of friends.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.