Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 02:22PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 02:39PM

It is an example of the shortcomings of the LDS power structure.

My guess is that a lot of LDS leadership did not approve of this approach, however, remained silent because that is how LDS business is handled.

The reality is that in addition to harming a lot of young people, Boyd severely hurt the LDS organization. We continue to hear, over and over, how this has caused people to leave the LDS church. Of course this is in addition to a lot of other LDS problems, but it always is a part.

It is also indicative of the continuing leadership issues in mormondom. Geriatric leadership in a quickly changing world, demanding that people go back to the old ways is a losing concept. People, society, and cultures change....and changes faster than LDS doctrine and history changes.

I think the definition of the word "@sshole" is the hole they will eventually shove Boyd's corpse into.

We can point fingers at who ultimately destroyed mormonism. One could easily argue that it was flawed from the concept, however, they did take it for a hell of a ride with their 'living prophet' and therefore the ability to change doctrine to fit a current business model.

Lots of leaders have contributed to LDS demise.Certainly Spence Kimball, and his public bouts with fighting his own homosexuality did not help things. ETB was batsh!t crazy, and Gordo Hinckley..though smooth..oozed evilness.

But Boyd is in a class by himself. There will be much celebration when that guy finally keels over, and one can only hope it is a slow agonizing death.

Christopher Hitchens summed it up perfectly when he commented on the death of Jerry Falwell. Substitute Boyd for Jerry Falwell and this would be an excellent eulogy for Boyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtAUuflGf_A

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 03:40PM

Deco...thanks much for that link.

I concur that Hitch's words would indeed be a most fitting eulogy for Boyd and all of the others in the Boy's club at the top of the Mormon pyramid.

I will reflect on Hitch's words when those days come to pass.

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Ish ( )
Date: May 02, 2014 03:43PM

I can see the point about Packer as it relates to men, especially.

The most damaging line to me personally was that homosexuality was a sin tantamount to murder.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.