Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: zombre ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 09:40AM

They never miss out on a good PR opportunity.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=10549368

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:04AM

Aw, come on. Mormon, Inc. has been about nothing but "the green" since before the seventh first vision!

Posted by: zombre ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:38AM

+ 1

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:45AM

There is only one "green" that TSCC is concerned about.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:46AM

... launders more money fast from church coffers to "in-the-family" owned construction companies hands.

GA families prophetering all the way to the bank.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 11:48AM

Isn't this something that the morg should of done years ago!?

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 11:50AM

I guess that means that the Boyz don't think Christ is coming back any time soon!

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 12:00PM

From that article:
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Tuesday announced a big step into an environmentally-friendly future."

I guess you're right if they go green to help reduce their carbon-fottprint for the forseeable FUTURE.....

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 12:42PM

Here's a question. When this high tech stuff breaks, who fixes it? Ever been in church with no heat in the winter or a broken air conditioner in the summer? And how well is the "every member a janitor" going? Many have complained about that mormon smell in meetinghouses.

Another problem. LDS building don't contribute to the neighborhood or local community. Think temples. How are they helping? They ignore the living needing help and are busy baptizing the dead.

Posted by: koolman2 ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:01PM

Oh oh I did! It was a typical winter day , about 10 F (-10 C) and the heat was broken in the chapel. They had four or five electric oil heaters going full blast with the fans going. It was fairly comfortable if I remember right. Electric cost for all day was probably like $10 for the heaters alone.

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:10PM

10 dollars, that is more money then yearly activities budget.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 12:06PM

"Another problem. LDS building don't contribute to the neighborhood or local community. Think temples. How are they helping? They ignore the living needing help and are busy baptizing the dead."

Here's the issue I have with all these "meeting-houses" that are suppose to be assetts for the neightborhood.

I was coaching my son's basketball team a couple of years ago. As the coach I had to reserve every week, a indoor court. The problem was I couldn't get the same court or sometimes even the same day and time. It was frustrating for me and the parents.

We had several mormon kids on the team and I asked a couple of the parents if they, or even I, could talk with their bishops to ask to use the meeting-house courts. The answer was no, they won't allow that, etc...

Fast forward a couple of years later and my son is on another basketball team, coached by a bishop. Guess where we practiced??? At his meeting-house.

They have so many of these metting houses with basketball courts, but will shutdown anyone nonmormon wanting to use one when coaching a kids rec league team.

These meeting-houses are NOT assetts to the community. They take land and resources FROM the community....

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 06:26PM

25 years ago being 'Green' or an 'Envaharnmentalist' in churchco. meant you were under the influence of stan. I heard this many times.

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 06:29PM

"Easier to clean the bathrooms using less water"

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 09:44PM

Youth programs, etc. meet at night yet one of the Church employees says it will produce all the electricity the building needs.

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:05PM

They are going to fertilize the lawns with all the bullshit. Wait, we need that for our members.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 12, 2014 10:42PM

As the chapels empty out, the costs are reduced. The best way to make a Mormon ward house efficient is by means of bulldozer.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 11:05AM

But you'll never see a recycling bin for all the coke bottles and cans and someone assigned to take it to the recycling collection center. As in EVERYTHING mormon, Follow the Money. They will do what they realize will save them money in the long run (and, of course, make sure they use it for PR). But what about encouraging members to 'green up' their own lives. Won't happen.

Posted by: utahlegal ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 11:52AM

Why do they need to go green? The Second Coming is going to be here any minute!!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 12:13PM

Up and down the stairs from the chapel to the ladies room.

OK, so how is someone in a wheelchair, or and elderly person supposed to get to the bathroom?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 03:29PM

Want some history on this?

https://www.sunstonemagazine.com/the-last-palm-tree-mormonism-and-sustainability/

And the last line here says.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=10549368
"A decision is expected soon on whether all future meeting houses will be built this way."

My guess is like with BYU they will decide to go with cheaper materials and manual labor of members.

Just my 2 cents.

Prophets, yeah right. Land grabbing for God to make the earth into a crystal globe after it is decimated in the Mormon apocalypse!

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: May 13, 2014 03:54PM

Cost cutting. Nothing More. Does Utah give subsidies for installing solar panels?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.