Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 11:19AM

I love buying pretty new underwear. Sometimes I buy it when I don't need it because it cheers my day. I especially like color and a bit of frill and those tiny bows with the little rosebud centers.

It's partly because I grew up poor and my mom made me wear my sisters oversized, mended, and stretched out undies. But more I think I love pretty underwear because of the ugly old style plyg-type and mainstream one-piecers grownups all around me had to wear. Yuck!

How many of you have attractive well fitted undies? Do you love it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 11:44AM

I don't want to wear the old underwear, but I'm doing a short documentary on gay missionaries and I could really, really use a pair of fresh garmies. The knock-offs sold online are really expensive (but probably better quality...).

I do love my new undies though. I have trendy, colorful gay boxer briefs mostly (2xist) but a growing assortment of naughtier options that include tight briefs with the butt cut out, tight black ones with metal studs on the waistband, and my new favorite, a black leather jockstrap.

Who could go back to g's after all that!? :)

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 12:02PM

Cheryl,

Your family was so poor when you were growing up your mom made you wear your sister's hand-me-down underwear? That is seriously messed up!

My family experienced a very rough patch financially when I was in high school but I always had my own briefs, boxers and jockstrap (okay I only had one jockstrap and that did get OLD).

Now I buy the premium stuff from Under Armour. So I guess to answer your question, yes, I love my underwear.

Thank god for the little things.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 12:05PM

I guess I'm too heavy to notice that underwear can be pretty. I just wear comfortable cotton granny panties. But at least I can choose my favourite colours and that I do appreciate. I guess. LOL

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 12:21PM

JC Penney boxer briefs...since forever! Never suffered the indignity of wearing Rocky Mountain Surf Shirts....thank GAWD!

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2014 12:21PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 12:27PM

Me too. I ended up with a lot of my men's garms left over. It's so hot I'm not wearing an undershirt these days. I took all the bottoms I had and chopped the legs off em so they were like normal length, hemmed the legs. No use wasting them.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 12:32PM

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 01:42PM

What underwear, try going commando!

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 08:55PM

There's nothing wrong with that! I do it occasionally.

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 01:48PM

Yes!!! Victoria's Secret is my new best friend. I love the colors and fun prints too. So happy not being a Mormon!

Posted by: The UPS Lady ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 01:51PM

No, I don't love your underwear. Your panties are always in a bunch regarding a particular topic.

Signed,
The UPS Lady
(afraid to ring your doorbell for a delivery because I might get the hose)

Posted by: sizterh ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 02:00PM

Only if you deserve it.

Posted by: Keith Vaught ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 02:02PM

We were on a vacation in Hawaii prior to my resignation and I had just made the transition from garmies to briefs. I needed some new underwear and I couldn't find anyplace on Kalakaua Avenue that sold them. I tried a few ABC Stores. Of course, they carry everything else a tourist would need in Waikiki. Anyway, I asked a lady on the street where I could buy some undies and she said what sounded like "meshies." I couldn't understand. I may be the linguist in the family but it's a good thing my wife was there to interpret. She said, "Maceys." "D'oh!"

And, yes, I loved getting back to normal underwear.

Posted by: Lorenzo's Ho ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 02:57PM

I love wearing thongs now that I don't have to wear Gs. But, my 9 yr old son walked in on me noticing my thong and he said, "mom, your underwear doesn't work, your booty is too big." I couldn't help but laugh.

Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:03PM

Yes, I love me some REAL underwear! I feel good again, and not like some frump old before her time.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:05PM

I have nothing to add Cheryl except I laugh every time I see the title of your post. Thanks for that. Too funny.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:08PM

I didn't think I would like normal undies so much. It took me awhile though. At first I just got a packmof plain white grannies. Now I've discovered they boy style shorts. Makes a big difference to find some that fit me well and make me feel like I look good. I still haven't ventured to Victorias Secret yet. That will be an adventure for another day.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:18PM

I like my NO underwear! :)

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:25PM

I really don't have feelings one way or another about your underwear, Cheryl.

;)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:36PM

*snort*

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:38PM

Perhaps if you posted some pics, then we could make our minds up about your underwear.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 04:43PM

When I met Cheryl, I found her to be fun, interesting, kind, talented, charming, generous, lovely, and an impeccable host. However, not once in the afternoon when I shared her company did she offer to show me her underwear.

Posted by: johnnydingo ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 05:04PM

ah, the hilarity of exmos and obsession with normie underwear.

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 07:01PM

I'm just happy not to be wearing garments in the summer heat.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 08:51PM

I don't "LOVE" my underwear, its just underwear. But what I do

love is the fact that underwear is no longer such a huge

freaking issue in my life. I don't even think about it. If I

need some I buy it, if its pretty I buy it.... that's the extent

of my underwear thoughts. Know what I mean?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 11:22PM

Cotton boxers, big shorts and bigger t-shirts. California prole tunic. Comfort is king. I love my threads too.

Posted by: exmo59 ( )
Date: July 12, 2014 11:59PM

What good is pretty underwear when you cover it up?

Funny that we haven't been to church in 16 years, and my wife still wears her garment bottoms. Says they keep her legs from rubbing together.

Helps her to keep me away also.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 13, 2014 12:09AM

I'd rather go naked. I went commando for about 15 years. So I don't LOVE my underwear. It's just functional and comfortable. They stopped selling the brand/style I wear, so when the supply I have wears out, it will be back to commando.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 13, 2014 12:30AM

Try a sock-jock--the Boner!

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 13, 2014 12:21AM

Female lingerie and underwear are very powerful ways of expressing sexuality and availability.

It is no surprise that Mormonism found a tool to take that from women and deny men the pleasure of seeing their women expressing their sexuality through alluring underwear.

Male underwear seems not to be as much fun, but i had no issues with getting rid of Mormon garments and exploring different under clothing. Hygiene, comfort and playfulness are key in my preferences.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 13, 2014 01:35AM

Um, yeah, male underwear is awesomely fun and is a powerful way of expressing sexuality and availability. Especially to other men who like men. My favorite bar has underwear only night every third Saturday and the array of options is dazzling.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.