Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 08:18AM

...the Kelly ex communication. I was laughing originally but it seems to be serious. This person just PROVES the point that mormonism is about....being constantly busy. No other church I know has its members feeeling so busy with no time to actually think about and enjoy life..

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/58157530-82/women-busy-lds-whine.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 08:23AM

I know so many cranky old mormon ladies that sound exactly like this.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 08:44AM

LOL I love the comments

"Apparently you're not too busy to write your own whiny letter to the editor, so why is it so far-fetched to believe that other women do have time to advocate for a position for themselves that is NOT as second class citizens?"

"LDS women too busy to whine. But they do have time for judgey, condemning letters to the editor. "

Date: July 10, 2014 11:51AM

Hearing some TBM woman complain that she is SOOO BUSY with ther church stuff, callings, teaching, etc to even have to worry about equality in the church and how she and other women are really treated in the church is the definition of cog diss to me...

Posted by: lemmie ( )
Date: July 10, 2014 12:08PM

I love love LOVE the end of the internet link-- "busy lds whine" !!!! We have a secret collaborator in copywriting. Hopefully that link will give many an lds sheep pause before clicking.

Date: July 14, 2014 08:54PM

Thought I would add this letter too. Someone is comparing mormon womens' plight to the Stockholm Syndrome.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/58174144-82/church-stockholm-syndrome-captors.html.csp

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 14, 2014 09:06PM

"I'm too busy with my slave work to contemplate freedom. Leave me to it," she said, and the muck rose over her face.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.