Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MoMoneyMoMalls ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 05:21PM

The Mormon moment, what was a spesific time you did something that seemed normal while a TBM that now you just laugh at yourself for?

I once was going to take breakfast to a radio station that played pop Christian music on Sunday mornings. I knew a guy who was going to perform live on the show, asked if I could come watch and I would bring breakfast for everyone. Well the Sunday came, it was fast Sunday, so I thought it would be wrong to bring food, but I still showed up to watch the show. I could tell the radio host was let down, so I told them I would bring it next week to make up for it.

"We are a peculiar people" has so many more meanings now that I see the church as one long embarrassing moment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 07:29PM

It took me until I was in the seventh grade to make friends because I'm just kinda weird like that.

Anyway, halfway through the school year, my group of friends invited me to go to one of their birthday parties at a water park.

I told them no because it was on Sunday.

The thing is, I didn't want to go, but I thought that the excuse that it was on Sunday was so foolproof.

Turns out, they all thought it was such a lame excuse that they all assumed I just didn't want to go.

lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.