Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 10:33AM

The poster lilburne: “This thread is a TV documentary waiting to happen.”

I agree 100%.

I am willing to participate in and pay money towards its production. If done properly it would be a powerful message that those who are questioning. They are not alone and if they make the decision to leave there is a world of others who have made the same decision and that life is abundant and joyful and that it is not the life of misery they were told.

The world and current mormons need to see what we were, why we changed and where we are today. The is the only way to help combat the LDS leaders fallacious teachings that only LDS members are “truly happy”, that Satan has not caught us up in his grasp and that families are still strong, morals and ethics still paramount and lives can just and rich and even more enjoyable than inside the church.

Perhaps we could recruit help from those on P-mormon or R-eddit to participate.

SO. Who is in?

Here is how one day my life changed.

I was watching PBS one day and a documentary came on about the Masons. Masons were showing the internal ceremonies. I thought “Wow. These guys don’t normally allow outsiders into their inner sanctum. I need to watch this.” And so it began as I saw the similarities unfold my jaw was on the floor as I watched. What was running through my mind was “Holy crap! I’ve been lied to! Holy crap! I’ve been lied to! Holy crap! I’ve been lied to! Holy crap! I’ve been lied to!”
Every act they performed had its equivalent to what we practiced in the LDS Temple.

And so began the most determined and important reading and research project that I would ever undertake in my life.

Nothing I ever did or will do in my life comes within a thousand miles of the effort and work I put into the search for whether the LDS church had told the truth or not. Within two days I no longer believed. I turned over every LDS rock possible including reading everything FARMS and FAIR had to say on the subjects to be damn sure that I was correct in my conclusions.

After a month of researching I could not go to church without getting physically sick. Within four months I was angry that I had been lied to by everyone I ever trusted even though they had not lied on purpose. Within six months I made the decision to end the generational lie and resign.

The darndest thing happened along the way. The only true anti-mormons I met were the LDS apologists at FAIR/FARMS. How do I know for a fact that FAIR/FARMS are anti-mormon? Ironically Satan inside the LDS Temple told me so. “The opinions of men mingled with scripture” will ring a bell for Temple goers.

Never in a million years had I expected that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 10:42AM by AmIDarkNow?.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 11:03AM

a documentary on masonry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.