Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Inky ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:16PM

I'm sorry if this has already been posted.

I was invited by a missionary from my former ward who obviously doesn't know I'm out of the cult.

The supposed "flood" is happening on August 11. Although 127k have been invited and so far only 6.3k have said yes. Don't know where they are thinking 1m posts will come from.

But what a wonderful opportunity for all of us to share our experience about the temple and enlighten others!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:35PM

What do you mean by post about the temple? Tell what you really think or what they want to hear?

Posted by: safetynotguaranteed ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:44PM

Oh, do not tempt me to flood Facebook with my opinion of the temple...

Actually, it might be totally awesome but since there is one more thing in my calling I must do before officially leaving or I would be letting down people who don't deserve it, not the best idea just now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 07:46PM by safetynotguaranteed.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:45PM

So, that will be one million posts that say, "I love the temple. It's a beautiful place. Wish I could say more, but it's too sacred to talk about."

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 12:24AM

When I was a child, we used to drive by the DC temple. All I could see from the loop was a spire and Gabriel (yes, Gabriel) shining in the sun and blowing his horn. I used to think it was a megachurch, and it was so large because of the huge choir. I assumed anyone could go in.

Speaking of DC, where's Surrender Dorothy?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:46PM

Hmmm, they are trying to flush the temple video into going viral. The church finally wants everyone to know what goes on in those mostly empty buildings.

Posted by: Inky ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:47PM

I think the idea behind it is for TBMs to talk about how amazing the temple is and how families can be together forever, and other vomit. They obviously won't be writing the truth about what goes on. But since I was invited to participate I have toyed with the idea of writing what the temple is really about.

On another note, some FB friends of mine were also signing a petition for YouTube to pull n-wnamenoah's videos.

Perhaps they are trying to get lots of people talking about how wonderful and totally normal the temple is?

Posted by: pickle ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 08:28PM

Is this anything like the flood FB with 1m posts about the BoM? That seemed to fizzle. Another attempt to be relevant.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 09:17PM

The Mormon temple- the church's ultimate control mechanism. Where members go to submit to Satan's power.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 10:23PM

I never get these marketing gimmicks. I don't know of anyone, at all, that converted due to the temple, liked attending the temple, or was at all interested in frequent attendance at the temple (my in-laws excluded).

Almost all of the converts in my ward converted due to the LDS sense of community. Which, outside of Utah, can hold a certain degree of appeal. The temple is one of the 'meaty' bits of the gospel -- why would they think this would help anything? Were it me, this is the last piece I'd be trying to shop -- instead, I'd be focused on some kind of cohesive community service effort; something, at least, that the audience would have some common ground with.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 12:16AM

I think it'll be about as successful as July 22's "Flood Facebook with the Book of Mormon" campaign. Oh, have you not heard about it?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 12:31AM

Where's the cat in the tin foil hat?!? Its absence bothers me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.