Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nevermo80 ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 01:54PM

Does anyone have a complete list of all the companies owned, operated and directly associated to TSCC? I for one would like to make sure not a single cent of mine benefits this organization!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 02:49PM

The unfortunate reality is that even if you could accomplish what you suggest, your taxes still benefit TSCC. You pay for the roads, emergency services, and other infrastucture they benefit from--and don't pay for themselves because they are tax exempt.

The tax exemption--as with all tax deductions and credits--amounts to a legislatively-created wealth tranfer between the taxpayers as a whole and the incentivised enterprise. Tax professionals unanimously consider the tax code to be the largest component of the social welfare program. This is not to criticize it: it can be effective, appropriately narrow, and fair. And incentivizing certain social welfare behaviors is critical to the public good.

In the case of TSCC, however, they exist because the Fisc, and the state and public as a whole, intentionally incentivise TSCC's funding through tax exemptions and deductions for individual donations. This is money that would otherwise be taxed and diverted to the public good.

So as long as TSCC remains classified as a charitable enterprise, the Fisc, and by implication you and I, will continue to subsidize its existence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 03:14PM by resipsaloquitur.

Date: July 28, 2014 03:19PM

I understand what your saying.I am just talking about the for-profit arm of the empire. This we do have control over so long as we know who not to conduct business with or purchase from, In my mind every cent they don't make brings them closer to financial failure. I don't believe for one second that tithing alone can keep this machine rolling in the foreseeable future.

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 03:22PM

I don't disagree. I refrain from making purchases that I know or suspect will benefit TSCC. I avoid the Jesus Mall, and although I run marathons, I will never run the Deseret News Marathon.

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: July 28, 2014 03:26PM

Bonneville Communications is actually quite large.
There are also new financial institutions in salt lake that mentioned here.
And new huge real estate companies in Florida and Pennsylvania.

here is a link to a list from the archives....

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon410.htm

Date: July 28, 2014 03:40PM

Thanks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.