Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 05:08PM

There is an open group on Facebook that was started on May 24th called 1 million members on Facebook.

The goal is simple...get one million members in that group.

They are currently at 25,705 which is a pace of 408 members per day. At that rate...it will take them about 6 and a half years before they reach 1 million.

I would be willing to bet that they never reach 1 million.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 05:46PM

I would wonder if there were 1 million Mormons in the world, online or not.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 05:49PM

Posting nude pictures if themselves in compromising situations will help their cause greatly.

The Boner!

Posted by: outsider ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 06:09AM

Not impressed.

Here's one post:

"How do you respond to someone who is happy about something they've done that's sinful. Like, say, I have a friend who is gay and got a boyfriend and is really happy about. I don't feel like I can say congratulations, what should I say?"

As expected, a large number of ignorant responses, but one or two who are reasonable.

Still, they can only get 25k? Ha!

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 06:41AM

The non LDS face book group I belong to received a link to the LDS church members from every where, Facebook page. Whom ever shared the link even made a fake profile to join the group.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 07:53AM

Just checked it out today....I'd say at this pace...its going to never happen. Its 7:48am EST July 29th and they have dropped from 25,705 on July 25th, to 25,651.

But I am sure the church is still true...it's just FB persecustion, and even the elect of FB are falling away. yeah..thats got to be it.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 09:24AM

I think most TBM's recognize that Mormons are viewed as culty weirdos. They don't want their names attached to this. It looks like some that signed up for this group are starting to realize that they just look silly. Hopefully they start wondering why they couldn't even get 6% of Mormons to sign up and realize that the church is overstating membership by 200%+.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.