Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 09:14PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1339858

From the OP's post:
Fast forward a few years later.... I am married with kids. The co-worker I spoke about is no longer working where I'm employed at. I happen to bump into her at a local grocery store and we begin to talk. She just happens to mention that she had sex with several co-workers...

I won't lie to you.. I was aroused and asked for her number. She gave it to me. On top of that, she told me when she was alone at home. I left the store looking at the number. Over time, I felt guilty and tossed the number. I never took advantage of the situation.
-----------------------------------

OK. There is something seriously wrong with a woman who has sex with multiple coworkers and then announces this to a former coworker when she sees him several years later.

Yes, I am going to slut shame. Slut. I would call a guy who did the same thing the same name. Slut, slut, slut.

If one believes in free love, fine, but don't fing announce your affairs to the world. She not only will HAVE sex with anyone, but she will TELL anyone about those she DID have sex with. That is information that you might not want out on the street. Loose lips may give good BJs, but they also sink ships, like marriages and employment. You never know who might know your past. That woman is scary and dangerous.

----------------------------------
The post below by kolobian nailed it (pun intended).

kolobian wrote:

Anon for Now: Oh, hey Peggy. Fancy seeing you here. How are things?
Peggy: Anon! Long time no see. Pretty good, thanks. You still at xxx company?
Anon for Now: Yeah, still plugging away at good ol' xxx company. We sure miss you around there. John actually mentioned you the other day. It's really not the same place anymore.
Peggy: Oh, John P or John Q? I banged him.
Anon for Now: Um, excuse me?
Peggy: Yeah, I banged him. I banged him good, too.
Anon for Now: You banged John P or John Q?
Peggy: Hmm, both actually, now that I think about it.
Anon for Now: You don't say? I thought you were married?
Peggy: Oh that. Yeah, that's whatever. I like to bang.
Anon for Now: Ok...
Peggy: Want to bang?
Anon for Now: You want to bang me?
Peggy: I want to bang. I'll bang you, sure.
Anon for Now: What's your phone number?

(smh)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 09:36PM

Hey, I wasn't finished with the other thread and you blew the ending with the Kolobian story for me. How about a spoiler alert next time. ;)

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 09:56PM

Nice...lol...

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 10:07PM

thingsithink Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, I wasn't finished with the other thread and
> you blew the ending with the Kolobian story for
> me. How about a spoiler alert next time. ;)

Damn it to he11, I did it again. Not gunna live that one down for a while.

Oh, gawd hear the words of my mouth--- I doth suck. I doth sucketh big timeth. Dear gawd please punish me in the most severe way, make me lose my keys and then don't tell me where they are.

Kolobian does not die in the finale (I am sure he is glad to hear THAT)!

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 10:01PM

I kinda agree... I call it like I see it, and male or female, doesn't matter... I don't have a double standard when it comes to that.

Plus, i think if you are willing to have sex with someone you know is married, it speaks to your character and integrity, regardless if the married person themself is willing to cheat.. And as for the cheater, I have strong feelings about that too. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Honor your commitment, get divorced, or talk to your spouse about an open marriage.

Posted by: sassypants ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 10:21PM

I admit that I was kind of stunned by some of the other posts; not because of my prudish sensibilities but because it seems like a no brainer. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Even if you no longer believe in a given religion, life should not become a moral and ethical free-for-all. Every culture upholds certain morals and ethics. Whilst some are relatively rigid, others are more fluid and up for negotiation between the parties affected. (Of course cultural norms are,thankfully,subject to change as,technology and knowledge change our understanding. I am not disputing that.)

If you are married and you signed onto a traditional monogamous marriage contract, then you should be ethically bound to that contract. If, however, you wish to negotiate a different sort of marriage with your partner, then clearly state that before getting married. Negotiate the relationship you both want and be prepared that if you cannot come to an agreement, then the marriage may not happen.

Now, things change and that's where re-negotiation between BOTH parties should happen. If you cannot solve the problem within the marriage then the marriage needs to end. Deciding that a problem within the marriage is a breach of the contract does not mean that you no longer have an ethical obligation to act fairly toward your partner.

Marriage is between two adults, not petulant children who act first and think second. Grey areas do not necessarily signify "do what you want every second that you want it". The hardest thing to overcome is the hurt we may feel from a partner's behaviour, but we can still choose to deal with it fairly; if not for them then for our own well being and sense of integrity.

I know, there are feelings which run hot, cold and every temperature in between. But as adults we have to make clear and often difficult decisions, especially if there are children involved.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 11:03PM

I have strong feelings about this thread. Now I may be older than most of you and I have known my wife for 49 years. We have been married for 46 of those 49 years. It has not always been fun and games, but we cared enough for each other that we have been able to work things out. You see this lady is not only my lover but she is my best friend. Why would I want to want to destroy a really good friendship? Think of how hard it is to find a really good friend. If you are lucky enough to have your best friend for your spouse then you have a true gift from God. Oh, I still believe in Him as well as having survived thirty years with the LDS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.