Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 02:07AM

Many years ago as a TBM, I bought a couple of Joseph Fielding Smith's Answers to Gospel Questions books. There were several volumes in the series. Admittedly, JFS was a little weird as Bruce R. mcConkie was his son-in-law. Sort of like if Boyd KKK Packard was my son-in-law. But I digress!

In one of the volumes, JFS taught that when Adam and Eve partook of the fruit it caused a chemical change in their blood so that death would be introduced. Yes, that one tasty morsel changed their blood forever!

The Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 02:23AM

I've heard this metioned at church by a Gospel Essentials teacher once before (yes, Gospel Essentials, not Gospel Doctrine). I was like WTF?! Always wondered where that came from. Thanks for the reference.

Posted by: sassypants ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 02:40AM

Maybe JFS and L. Ron Hubbard were friends. And on that premise I'm going to say that that teaching came from Xenu. ;-)

"And then Adam and Eve's blood became filled with Thetan death blood! Death blood I tell you!"

Sorry, I'm in the middle of procrastinating.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:29AM

"JFS taught that when Adam and Eve partook of the fruit it caused a chemical change in their blood so that death would be introduced.'

That was just one bad apple. The doctrine was refuted by the Prophet Donny Osmond, who taught that "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl."

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:49AM

I recall (dimly) somebody teaching that immortal beings have no blood, and that when Adam and Eve became mortal, they acquired blood. Resurrected beings will be flesh and bone (no blood). Blood atonement probably figures in there somewhere too, but do we really want to go that far down the rabbit hole?

BTW, BY also taught that the record of our lives is recorded in our bones. Hence they are essential for the resurrection. Ironically, humans are one of the few (only?) mammals who don't have a bone in the male organ. So, no blood no boner for the resurrected. Baby making in the top tier of the first heaven will be strictly a spiritual process.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.