Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnotherOneBitesTheDust ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 09:59PM

So i emailed my resignation at the very end of last year. About 6 weeks passed and nothing. Sent it again, nothing. Send it monthly, then weekly, then every few days. Nothing.

Last week I recently started adding a P.S at the end of these official emails. In the form of 'dear reader, you are being lied to' with my thoughts of their lying corporation and then a link to some uncomfortable information on their dear profitfraud or the ces letter.

Anyway, the letter finally arrived today, Looks like they finally got fed up with me or maybe they didnt want the wrong person seeing the link in the emails.

I know i should have probably rung Church administration with it taking so long. But never really been comfortable with phones and don't fancy talking with them. Just want to encourage others to not give up if they seem to be ignoring you and make them listen to you.

The confirmation just felt great and i think i'll pass on their invitation to be a sucker again..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 10:03PM

Good news!!!...and congrats!!!....welcome to THIS family!

Ron Burr

Posted by: sassypants ( )
Date: July 31, 2014 10:05PM

Congratulations! I admire your e-mail tenacity. :-)

Posted by: blissfulcrush ( )
Date: August 01, 2014 03:04AM

Congrats to you! :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 01, 2014 04:04AM

Congratualations! Whew, that was a long fight. My recommendation in general would be to follow up with a phone call or letter if the initial email seems to go astray.

Posted by: Catholic in AZ ( )
Date: August 01, 2014 04:18AM

Just curious, was this a resignation from the church in general, or a resignation from a job position related to the church? If it's the former, then I want to ask: Why do you have to resign from the church at all? Can't you just stop going to meetings, stop paying tithing, and give 'em the finger and do your own thing?

Date: August 01, 2014 04:32AM

Catholic in AZ, it was my resignation as a member of their cult.

I understand your point of view, but it does bring some closure. I just find their willing deception of millions despicable and in no way want to be a part if it. I just don't want to shrug my shoulders to it.

The more people who stand up and say no or state they no longer wish to be any part of it the more that action can become the norm for others. And as more and more people take action, the more likely others will see something is happening and wonder why.

Also, if they were to bother me in future, i can now tell them i am not a member. Not that that's really a problem for me, i would just tell them where to go anyway..

Best Wishes

Posted by: Catholic in AZ ( )
Date: August 01, 2014 04:37AM

Okay, makes total sense. That reminds me of how my extended family wanted to baptize my dead grandmother recently. Me, my father, and my aunt all had slightly different views ("eh, let 'em do it, if it makes 'em feel good", VS "hell no! They will just add her to their ranks in their genalogy books"). We told them "No, please don't, Thanks".

Better to make sure they should delete a name off the list instead of ever expanding their list of members.

Date: August 02, 2014 08:14PM

HAHA...and still the stupid cult acts stupid.

The Bishop called my wife's Father and asked for her and her parents to meet him tomorrow to discuss me! What fun..

Told my wife not to go and waste her time. She does have a lot of health problems and told her she should be resting instead of being dragged around by the cult.

Being an LDS cult member makes less sense than banging your head against the wall.

He has a better chance of seeing Jesus come again than seeing me return! And good luck with that!! :P

I know their stupid, but i still don't understand this stupid. They haven't seen anything of me for 9 years and the Bishop doesn't know me from Adam

Date: August 02, 2014 08:21PM

Leaving the Mormon church is not like leaving the Catholic church (I was raised Catholic.) If you are a Catholic you can just walk away without fear of harassment. Mormons often go after inactive members -- visits, phone calls, missionary visits, and little gifts. Church members will try to track you if you move and are often successful at this. If you want the visits to stop, you must resign.

Of course some people do it because they no longer want their name associated with the church.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 01, 2014 04:22AM

Congratulations.

I keep thinking they're improving on acknowledging resignations, then I read a story like yours.

Get a clue, Mormons: Don't give people the runaround if you don't want them posting stories and talking about your muck ups forever. It makes you look like fools.

Posted by: caligrace ( )
Date: August 01, 2014 12:39PM

I just emailed my letter yesterday; now I know a time frame, which is good. Others who have used the email method and didn't have the hard time the OP did, about how long DID it take to get your form letter and brochure? Thanks!

Date: August 02, 2014 08:17PM

Caligrace, if you don't hear anything after 60 days, then give Membership Records a call. They will expedite it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.