Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tiny Tears ( )
Date: August 02, 2014 10:59PM

when she texted me this youtube video and I responded with "That child needs therapy."

What's your take on it?

http://youtu.be/XAdv9BFNf1I

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: August 02, 2014 11:03PM

I'm with you

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 03, 2014 12:07AM

I probably wouldnt have done it,but assuming the parents comforted her later and discussed it with her,I doubt this alone would be a big deal. Sounds like the kid needed a nap and it was kind of cute that she loved her brother so much and didnt know he would grow up. I had mixed feelings.

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: August 03, 2014 12:08AM

What's the purpose, just to get on youtube?

I don't get it!

Date: August 03, 2014 12:10AM

I really wouldnt put my kid on You tube. That sounds a bit dangerous

Posted by: cold war kid ( )
Date: August 03, 2014 12:15AM

I saw that video a few days ago but I really didn't think much of it. Children are very emotional creatures, you know. I know when I was a kid (up until I was like 13, honestly) I would break down crying over EVERYTHING. My brother stepped on my shoe: sobbing. Someone was using the computer when I wanted it: sobbing. My sister didn't let me borrow her toys: sobbing. Most people thought I was just being a brat, but truth was I just couldn't control my own emotions yet. The kid was probably tired and in an emotional mood, and the parents probably just thought it was sweet that she loved her brother so much. I wouldn't say a five-year-old girl needs therapy for crying.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: August 03, 2014 12:47AM

I agree with cold war kid. Kids often deal with emotions in very expressive ways. Things that we have learned to take for granted as adults are new and sometimes overwhelming for kids. If she's still doing this when she's fifteen, then it might be a problem.

Date: August 03, 2014 12:52AM

Kids are especially apt to act this way when tired,overstimulated or worried about something else. Happens all the time. I once had a little girl have a meltdown because she wanted to be a real princess like the little princess she saw in a magazine. She was fine after her nap.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: August 03, 2014 12:55AM

The kid probably doesn't need therapy... yet.

Nothing really seems out of the ordinary, just a tired kid doing something that all tired kids do.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 03, 2014 01:00AM

Yeah, that was me with my 5 week old grand daughter last week.

I was much better after I had my nap.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.