Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 08:03PM

Maybe he's not good at the internet, but the longer this goes on, the harder it's going to hit him, especially if he comes back to Hollywood.

http://deseretbook.com/David-Archuleta-Called-Serve-Excel-Entertainment/i/5126920

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 08:13PM

Good thing he's pretty since he sure ain't smart.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 08:31PM

I didn't know who he was so I looked him up. On bing, "David Archuleta gay" is one of the popular searches.

Gay or straight, let's hope his shelf breaks.

Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: August 08, 2014 12:30AM

I remember when I looked up who he was (I only heard about him from other people and saw him in some American Idol commercial) and some videos of him being interviewed I thought, "This guy's Mormon? He looks extremely gay!" but that's being judgemental, I only mentioned that to one other person and she was like "I know, right?", but who knows, he's only had one girlfriend but not really. We'll see.

Just the way he acts and this whole mission things makes me think he's going to be real pissed when he learns the truth, or he's going to have a lot of growing to do. I think it'll either be a saga or nothing.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 09:02PM

He has a very devoted fan base (both Mormon and non-Mormon) that stuck with him throughout the two years that he was away. Not many entertainers could pull off an absence of that duration. I think he will likely stay with the church. Whether that will ultimately be in his best interest -- I don't know.

Posted by: southernutah ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 10:23PM

He has a latin last name , is he Hispanic ?

Posted by: Platypus ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 11:29PM

According to Wikipedia -

"His mother is from Honduras and his father is of Spanish–Basque, Danish, Irish, German, and Iroquois descent."

And two years is nothing. Most bands take off 3 years between albums nowadays.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 11:39PM

I kinda hope he goes on and does well. Wikipedia tells me that he is born to a salsa dancer and a jazz musician, that could be really cool if he decided to follow his parents influences. He is a young guy, and a pretty talented guy. If he finds success outside of BYU promotional videos, he will eventually see the light. I just hope the dude makes the best music he can make.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.