Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobite ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 02:24AM

Why is it that almost every apologist likes to say "fairmormon has answered that", without ever responding to why their answer is utterly inadequate and sh***ty? My 2 year old has answers also, but I don't act like they're actually good answers. Do they think they should get a pass just because there's an "answer" put out there? Ridculous!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 09:04AM

"Why is it that almost every apologist likes to say 'fairmormon has answered that', without ever responding to why their answer is utterly inadequate and sh***ty?"

In their minds, their answers aren't inadequate and sh*tty. In their minds, their answers are perfectly plausible and reasonable. This is so because in their minds, they have concluded that Mormonism is true and cannot ever be otherwise. So the only way they can defend an indefensible proposition is to respond with irrational, unfeasible answers.

Those responses are effective on Mormons who are even more irrational and stupid than the FAIRies. Those Mormons who accept FAIR's answers are viewed as "humble" and "faithful" by the FAIRies and other fellow believers.

Mormons who realize that the FAIRies' answers are inadequate or sh*tty leave the church. So as time passes, the overall population of Mormonism becomes more irrational and stupid.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 10:18AM

Because the trusting (or intellectual lazy) members will believe their leaders and the "experts" that these things have been addressed, and will stay away from doing research on their own.

"I have warm fuzzies. Mormon experts have addressed all those evil anti-mormon lies. Good enough for me!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.