Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ausguy ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 10:03AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 02:44PM

Near Perth, North Dakota. The sign as you enter town is simple and to the point: When on Earth, why not Perth?

Is this close enough?

Posted by: kimnotnaomi ( )
Date: August 07, 2014 04:03PM

My fiancé is from Kunnunnura (sp?). He went to high school in Darwin. I know that's a long way from Perth though... We visited Perth when we were in Australia a few years ago; beautiful city. Stayed with his family in Geraldton.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 06:48PM

His name was Shane Collins, and he'd be about 58 now, if he's alive.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 07:05PM

Nope. 5 hour flight away - Brisbane.

Posted by: Carl Pagan ( )
Date: August 09, 2014 10:25PM

Close. Born in Fremantle.

Posted by: godtoldmetorun ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 12:26AM

Nowhere close...

But I did once talk to a Guy from that part of the world, who was serving as a missionary, when I was still a member.

His companion at the time, a sweet young man with some serious health complications, is still very much a little brother to me...and the only TBM Mormon that I ever considered to be a true friend.

The Mormon World is a frighteningly small place, which you come to realize when you start to leave it behind for the bigger, beautiful world that they teach you to fear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 12:26AM by godtoldmetorun.

Posted by: SnowednoMore nli ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 12:46AM

Served my mission with an elder Parson from Perth. Great guy.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 05:53AM

Yep..I'm in Perth, Australia.
I'm a never mo but with LDS family connections.

Posted by: godtoldmetorun ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 09:33PM

Now, as I previously mentioned, I know a Mormon from Perth. In my previous post, I tossed a couple of breadcrumbs, on the off-chance that you might be the same person.

It's none of my business who you are. But, if you happen to be the same Mormon I've spoken to from Perth, then we are friends on Facebook.

So if you are that same guy, I'm going to throw you a couple more breadcrumbs, in case you ever want to reach out.

I was a convert, and I live in Chicago. Born and raised in the US state of Maine. I was baptized in Iowa. During and after my conversion, I was in contact with missionaries both in my local ward, as well as a few on mormon.org.

I post many status updates that would curl the hair of a TBM Mormon, for their unconventional and obscenity-riddled nature. I did this on every part of my journey through Mormonism, much to the chagrin of many.

If we might know each other, and you ever want to write, please do. If you don't respond here or elsewhere, I will simply assume that you are either not the same person, or do not feel comfortable reaching out.

Just want to let you know that if you are who I think you might be, you are not alone, and there's somebody willing to talk to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 09:34PM by godtoldmetorun.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.