Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: August 10, 2014 10:44PM

He told everyone their religion was false. Is this respect?

It doesn't seem like it. Was Joseph Smith the first mormon to disrespect everyone else's beliefs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 10:59PM by thingsithink.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: johnnyboy ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 12:51AM

I imagine at the height of his power he was socially respectful of other religious peoples, especially if they were visiting or of some high stature.

But within mormon sermon preaching he probably wasn't. That's just the impression I get from reading about him. He was too busy banging chicks, running from the law, scrubbing tar off himself and trying to remember the lies he told the night before to really think about wether or not methodists or baptists were worth respect or not. I think he was way way too into himself to care much about other religions.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 11, 2014 01:26AM

He was critical of nearly everybody and everything else but himself. He didn't respect men or women so naturally he didn't respect himself. He did not respect other's right to believe because he taught something so far from religion, so far from worship (except himself), so far from Christ that he only cared people believed in him and his power and authority and not themselves, not a living God and certainly not tolerance and respect.

He taught a perverted religion and founded and led the same. He only cared people followed him, no matter where, when or how.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.