Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: August 12, 2014 11:35AM

In the final scene of the 1989 movie the Dead Poet's Society, Williams has been fired from his teaching position and his pupils all stand on their desks in defiance of him being forced to leave.

O captain! My captain! pic.twitter.com/LK1DOaeQFR
— Rosianna Halse Rojas (@papertimelady) August 11, 2014

Well, fans around the world have started to take pictures of themselves standing on desks and posting them in a touching way.

http://abcnews.go.com/entertainment/robin-williams-death-captain-captain-trending-twitter/story?id=24944146

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 12, 2014 03:27PM

DPS is a movie that I watched at the right time. I was a sophomore in HS and going through the teenage angst coupled with the depression I'd suffered for at least 5 years already.

My English teacher, who was a profound influence on me, showed this movie in class one day. I didn't want to end up like Neil, so i made the unconscious decision to start taking control of my life, even if it meant living a double one.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: August 12, 2014 04:18PM

Norm MacDonald, one of the funniest Canadians ever, on first meeting Robin Williams, as a punk kid from Ontario about to go on Letterman for the first time:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/8/12/5995383/norm-macdonald-tweeted-our-favorite-robin-williams-remembrance-to-date

(Hey Jerry! Have a coffee with Norm MacDonald, will ya!?)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.