Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lush ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 11:19PM

I was asked this question by a distant second aunt while standing in line at a viewing of late Grandfather.

Presumptuous much? I replied with “no, never” and left it at that

I took it as a wildly inappropriate question and venue to be asking such a question. My wife is not LDS nor a Christian for that matter. It bothered me, not the question but the venue at which she made such rude and uncalled for advance but I ended up feeling good about my non sugar coated response. NO! She quickly moved on down the line.

The great thing is we were all there to honor the life of a great man who did great things in life and left us all better off by knowing him. He was married to my Grandmother for 68 years and raised beautiful family all without ever going to the temple. I shutter at the thought of their “temple work” being done for them now that they have passed on.

One of my greatest memory of my Grandpa will from our wedding day. The only grandchild out of 10 that he was able to see married. Tears flowed freely down his face. Much different than the waiting room at the temple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 11:31PM

Have you ever think of killing kittens while wearing a bustier and fishnet stockings?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 17, 2014 11:45PM

How lovely that you have the memory of your grandfather enjoying your wedding to sustain you. I agree that your aunt's question was very inappropriate given the circumstances. You had a good, quick, appropriate response for her.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 18, 2014 09:32AM

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh, no...my Catholic wife doesn't even know what "sealing" means...and If I'd ever tried to get her into the LDS church she would have divorced me.

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.